I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Being mouthy

Ellen DeGeneres has said that people think she’s sad when she relaxes the muscles in her face because her mouth turns downwards and forms a frown. She then corrects others by telling them she’s fine, even though they show concern, thinking she’s not having a good day.

I can understand where she’s coming from.

When I relax the muscles in my face, I have people ask me whether I’m angry. To start, my mouth doesn’t turn up in a smile. Because of my jawline, my lips push outwards and it looks like I’m pouting (which I naturally do, but not on purpose). It also doesn’t help that I grind my teeth unconsciously.

When I do smile, my mouth shows a set of straight teeth, and I have a pair of dimples so deep you want to spackle them.

Unfortunately, I don’t always smile because I’d look like Jack Nicholson, playing the Joker in Batman, and that’s not a look that I aspire to. So for now, I’m going to have to hear people ask me if I’m angry… And, I'm not angry, goddamnit!

I'm sorta happy.

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am the same way... when relaxed, I am like my mother, look like I am frowning.. when I smile... it is all teeth... and you do not have a joker smile...it is cute... smile more...

July 11, 2007 11:22 pm  
Blogger Kevin said...

Yeah, that's rough ... looking great when you smile or when you don't. How do you manage?

July 12, 2007 9:30 am  
Blogger Timmy said...

nice teefers!

July 12, 2007 9:52 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A pouting look is often considered attractive, ya know. Not if your actually in a pouting mood, of course. It has to be entirely affected. And it's a heck of a lot better than looking mad :)

July 12, 2007 1:58 pm  
Blogger A Lewis said...

I don't think I've ever seen a full-on, frontal pic of you in full blown smile. Lovin' it! I'm exactly the same way. "Is something wrong?" No. "Are you okay?" Yup. "Are you angry?" I'm getting that way, the more you ask. Damn it....I'm fucking fine! Now, where's my Zanax?

July 12, 2007 3:45 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

that's a great smile!

July 12, 2007 4:59 pm  
Blogger Dead Robot said...

Try grooming yourself like a biker (but I see you won't shave your head) and see how many people ask you to smile.

July 12, 2007 8:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that is a winning smile!

July 12, 2007 8:48 pm  
Blogger brenton said...

It's a gorgeous smile and why on earth would you want to spackle gorgeous dimples?
I remember a certain someone asking what the scar was on my face when it's really just a line from sleeping!

PS how come i don't get a link on your blog? ;)

July 12, 2007 11:12 pm  
Blogger about a boy said...

i get the same thing!

July 16, 2007 12:36 pm  
Blogger Marquis said...

You have a great smile. People kill..heck they pay thousands of dollars for pouty lips and a great smile. Very cute.

July 18, 2007 2:56 pm  
Blogger Doghigh said...

Are you angry?

August 20, 2007 2:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home