I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Pillow

There are times where I feel the need to be comforted and a pillow won’t do. It’s not because I’m lonely. It’s because I want to feel the comfort and the warmth of another body. I need someone beside me, to cuddle with me.


It doesn’t have to be in bed. It can be on a sofa, a chair, or the floor. We don’t have to be naked. We can be fully clothed, wrapped in blankets. There doesn’t need to be any R-rated moments. The only thing we need is each other’s company.

Just to have somebody there, somebody in my nook, me in theirs, with an arm around me, or with my arm around them, feeling their faint breath on my neck, or mine in their hair.

But, there’s nobody here. There’s nobody to cuddle with.

So, I guess it’s back to my pillow.

11 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

I'd like to apply for the position of 'pillow #1'...I have references.

June 28, 2007 3:11 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

I'm so there with you. There's nothing quite like warmth, the heartbeat of another, the snuggling and touch. Even of a good friend. I love touch and touching (as if you didn't know that already). Wishing and hoping for you, my friend.

June 28, 2007 10:21 am  
Blogger dantallion said...

I usually just add a second. (Pillow, that is)

June 28, 2007 11:01 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

warmth is nice.

but i bought a body pillow for just these occasions. and then i order my children to lay around me...i get warm pretty darn quick.

June 28, 2007 12:15 pm  
Blogger Kevin said...

Ripped from the headlines ...

... of my life.

June 28, 2007 3:12 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

i love my pillow. i usually name my pillow after someone i'm lusting after, whether it was a New Kid on The Block, or my latest trick that I can't seem to shake off....

June 28, 2007 4:22 pm  
Blogger brenton said...

Amen to that. I'm going through a stage where i'm totally craving just some nice cuddles.

June 28, 2007 10:13 pm  
Blogger Sh@ney said...

Hmmmmph!
Elaborate on the cuddle bit again...Been so long I cant even imagine it anymore...:P

June 29, 2007 8:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only in the past couple of years have I realized I enjoy the "cuddle" very much. "Spooning" makes it sound somehow sexual, but it's more sensual. Sort of like spreading your energy (or whatever) to each other by tightly squeezing together.

I miss that too.

June 29, 2007 10:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I cuddle with you S?

June 30, 2007 11:45 am  
Blogger Donnie said...

That was so sweet. You deserve someone to cuddle with, that's fo sho.

July 02, 2007 2:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home