I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Make me feel good

In the film, Monster’s Ball, Halle Berry begs Billy Bob Thorton in a pivotal scene to make her forget about all of the pain she’s been through after losing her son in a hit-and-run accident.

“Make me feel good,” she says as she pulls at her clothes and rolls herself on him. “Make me feel good.”

Thankfully, it doesn’t take a tragedy to make you feel wanted, but when you are, it makes you feel good.

**

Not too long ago, someone wrote me in an e-mail that they thought about me on the weekend. Of course, I wondered what exactly they were thinking about because I elicit so many reactions from every person I associate myself with.

After talking with them on the phone, they went into more detail. The details were good, if PG-13, due to the fact I was in a public place and couldn’t ask for specifics – the little old lady sitting beside me probably wouldn’t want to have this conversation as her final memory on earth.

That’s all it took. One e-mail and one phone call. Someone out there thinks of me in a way that is more than of a self-effacing clown. And it made me feel good.

7 Comments:

Blogger underneath said...

An utmost talented writer. Very aestethic.. I like your blog.

June 19, 2007 2:32 am  
Blogger Sh@ney said...

Many will see through the 'clown' characteristic and capture the essence of the person behind the humour & the writings...As I am sure there is much good in you and certainly a lot more to you than what a reader may pick up from your blog...Dont for one minute think no one notices you..We all do!...xox

June 19, 2007 4:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steven, who could POSSIBLY think of you as a clown? Besides yourself, I mean.

June 19, 2007 8:44 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

Oh, I'm sure there's more than ONE someone out there that thinks that way.

June 19, 2007 12:25 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

i plan to rub one off for you later today as well! :)

June 19, 2007 12:29 pm  
Blogger about a boy said...

darling...im sure there are plenty of boys out there thinking of you. youre loved. dont you forget it.

June 19, 2007 12:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clown? I hope you're not a clown. Clowns are scary.

June 19, 2007 9:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home