I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, June 15, 2007

You stink

As we grow older, the cells in our bodies stop regenerating. Whether it is for liver, kidney, hair and skin, there comes a time where there organisms stop living and die.

Included in that group are scent cells. They're the reason why older people put on more perfume/cologne than needed; they can’t smell it on them, so they overcompensate.

But, they’re not the only ones: scentism doesn’t discriminate against age, gender, race, weight, appearance, etc.

To hell with industrial manufacturers, these people are air polluters of the worst kind. It’s bad enough I have allergies, but these people make my eyes water, nose run, and throat sore without the need to have dust, mold, and mildew in the air. They're repellant, obnoxious, and irritating without saying a single word. You know they’re coming even before they enter the room.

And what’s worse is they use scents that were popular in the ‘80s. Men bathe themselves in Drakkar, Eternity, and Polo, while women shower themselves with Joy, Opium, and Obsession.

Are they trying to recapture your youth by spraying yourself with the memories of another decade? Jesus, Mary, Fuck, no.

It’s times like those where I wish my body stopped regenerating my scent cells so I wouldn’t have to smell other people around me.

Christ, you people stink.

Note: And on that high note, have a great weekend, y'all.

6 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

Wow, you really took me back a few years with that Drakkar reference...do they still make that horse piss?

I'm blessed/cursed with having a deviated septum, which means that there are only a few smells/odors that my scent glands can actually detect.

So what I'm really saying here is that I have a big useless nose & I can't really relate to this post.

Have a great weekend, you sexy man!

June 15, 2007 3:17 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

Tommy? Is Tommy there? Is Tommy okay? I don't want to stink.

June 15, 2007 12:51 pm  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

I just wanna know WTF happened to cause all this anger and venom to exude from your pores.

Happy Friday!

June 15, 2007 3:40 pm  
Blogger S said...

RT: I can't stand people who put on so much scent, it actually burns the inside of my nostrils.

June 15, 2007 6:08 pm  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

:)

What about Brut, Aqua Velva, Old Spice... And the new fav, Axe.

I hate stores that spray samples as you pass by.

Now my nose is itching just thinking about it.

June 15, 2007 6:52 pm  
Blogger Phronk said...

This post actually made me sneeze.

June 16, 2007 12:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home