I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, June 11, 2007

Don't you run away from me

Whenever I’m out in public, I hardly ever run into friends. Instead, the people who are attracted to me are like static charges on a piece of cheap polyester - they're the ones I try to avoid at all costs because I don’t like shocks.

But, when I see someone I know and they see me, we wave to each other and end up talking for a few minutes before we go on our separate ways. Conversely, when I see someone I know and they pretend they don’t see me, the scene usually plays out like this…

“Hey!” I stick my arm up in the air. “Hey!” I wave my arm. No reaction from them. My warms swing side to side. “HEY!” Still nothing. Instead of feeling embarrassed, I begin to get a little irritated and I walk closer to them. They see me and turn around.

“Don’t you turn away from me. Don’t think I can’t see you!” I say as I walk through the crowd. “Where do you think you’re going?” My voice gets a little louder. “Don’t you think I know you saw me?” They walk away and start to trot down the street. “Bitch, where do you think you’re running off to?” I point in their direction. “Hey! I know where you live!” I say out loud.

But, this hasn’t happened to me… this week. My friends know me better than that. They also know that if they try to make a run for it, I will catch up to them and then I’ll make a scene.

Note: This is a slight exaggeration, just so you know...

7 Comments:

Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

So that was you shouting at the chip bag blowing down the sidewalk???

June 11, 2007 8:22 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

a slight exaggeration?

June 11, 2007 11:55 am  
Blogger dantallion said...

Well, at least now I understand why they would pretend not to see you in the first place... ;)

June 11, 2007 1:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh... you're a lot to handle, aren't you?

June 11, 2007 2:45 pm  
Blogger A Lewis said...

I can't imagine anyone running away from you. My dad used to tell me, "If you decide to ever run, it had better be straight toward me....not away from me." I knew I was in trouble then.

June 11, 2007 6:05 pm  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

damn, if I was walking down the street and saw you, and knew that you knew that I saw you, and that you knew I knew that you knew that I saw you, I would ignore you just to see you become that canadian super hero, Syko Steven! Now that would be fun, eh?

June 11, 2007 6:06 pm  
Blogger S said...

Random Thinker: You'd like that, wouldn't you? Just remember, I can outrun you.

June 11, 2007 6:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home