I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Under the covers

By the time I’m under the covers, and my head hits the pillow, I am ready to close my eyes and hope I’ll be unconscious for approximately six hours.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t always go smoothly, because I need a level of comfort to achieve a semblance of sleep: the room has to be warm, the bed can’t be too soft, the pillow should be to the side, and the room needs to be completely dark and silent.



Also, I need to be wearing something, like pajamas. I don’t understand why (and how) people can sleep naked. Women can roll around and wake up with a tit in their pit, and men with their, well, you know.

I tried it once and it was the most uncomfortable experience.

The entire night I kept readjusting myself, pushing it one way and the other. At least with underwear, it stays in one spot and you know it wont be moving (or be squished by an overzealous mattress) during the night.

And, God forbid if I had a hard-on. Can you imagine the shock of quickly rolling from one side to the other and crushing your piece? That’s the worst kind of wake up.

Also, the sheets get cold. And no one likes to wake up in a cold bed. That's another kind of rude awakening after a night of blissful dreams.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t sleep in fur coats. If it gets really hot, then I’ll throw off my pajamas… and I’ll slip on a pair of boxers.

Note: It's a long weekend in Canuck land, so I'm off until next week. I'll have plenty of NYC stories to tell. Enjoy the archives. There's some good shit there.

16 Comments:

Blogger Brand New W said...

my friend and i both sleep the same way, we like to refer to it as being "mummified"

May 16, 2007 12:03 pm  
Blogger dantallion said...

Boxers or naked. I can go either way.

May 16, 2007 2:05 pm  
Blogger Brettcajun said...

I have to sleep in underwear and t-shirts or I can't sleep. The only time I crawl into the bed nude is when I am with a hot guy and I want some attention. Then afterwards, I put on my clothes so I can sleep deeply.

May 16, 2007 3:55 pm  
Blogger Marquis said...

I have to sleep in something. During colder months it's pajamas, and hotter months a tank top and boxers. I tried sleeping naked once and I hated it.

May 16, 2007 5:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah. Nothing here, baby! I'm the opposite. I can't sleep with something on. Too confining.

May 16, 2007 6:34 pm  
Blogger A Lewis said...

It's clear now why we could never sleep togeher. Room must be cooler and absolutely not a stich on.....never. I hate it when the panties end up wrapped around my waist in the morning.

May 16, 2007 10:43 pm  
Blogger about a boy said...

im usually in my briefs. nothing else. sometimes ill throw on a tshirt but thats rarity.

i too need to know where my mister is at all times.

May 17, 2007 11:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh... sounds like you're definitely a picky person, but it might be worth it to a guy who gets to wake up looking at that face.

May 17, 2007 12:30 pm  
Blogger Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

I think its unhealthy if the boys don't get a chance to breath, so if I wear undies at all it is def boxers or boxer briefs. But I def prefer a cold room, the feel of the sheets and nothing confining. I don't think I have ever worn a t-shirt to bed in my life.

May 17, 2007 1:15 pm  
Blogger eric3000 said...

I can't sleep in anything more than briefs. Otherwise I get tangled up in the sheets and feel like I'm wearing a straight-jacket. And I also need a really cold room with a really fluffy comforter.

Oh, yeah, and Ambian.

Happy Victoria Day! Have fun in New York!

May 17, 2007 4:02 pm  
Blogger nash said...

Naked = natural. Maybe you need someone else to do the readjusting for you...

May 20, 2007 9:22 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

I usually sleep in boxers, but that's more because i'm afraid i'll wake up in the middle of the night and find out the house is on fire and not have time to try to locate my clothes before I go running outside.

but I prefer to be nekkid.

May 21, 2007 10:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We could never sleep together. I have to be naked. If it's really cold, I might wear a t-shirt, but that's it.

May 21, 2007 4:25 pm  
Blogger alexsander said...

haha I sleep naked during the summer time, and like you, my room has to be completely dark, even the light of a cell phone would ruin my sleep! and I also sleep with earplugs and I am noise sensitive too!

May 21, 2007 7:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me to be able to sleep, I have to have it dark and cool. I don't mind street noice, but noice coming from inside the room bugs me (radio, TV).
Sleeping naked gives me this great feeling of being free and comfortable. Think about it: at night in bed is for most people the only time you can be naked for a long time and I love it!

May 22, 2007 12:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As for me, I definitely sleep nekkid and the room has to be warm, but not too warm. I also sleep with a fan (called white noise) as I always have since I was a kid. I cannot stand silence. If I am left in silence I get no sleep. None. My brain needs to be occupied with sound for me to catch the zzzz's...what little I get. More than you ever wanted to know about me, but there it is. By the way, you're absolutely gorgeous. I'm just saying is all.

May 22, 2007 10:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home