I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Strength

No one ever said life would be easy. It’s hard. Very hard. Every day is different. There are ups and downs. With every positive, there is a negative, and quite often, there are more lows than highs.

When the bow breaks, you have to look for a source of strength in order to pick yourself up from the ground, stand up, and keep moving forward.

For years, I have been that person who was there for others when they needed someone to lean on, a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen to, and a critical eye to avoid fashion faux pas.

Unfortunately, there are times when the blade has been in my head - if not my hand - and there isn’t anyone around for support. I may be the one who’s there for others, but they won't always be there for me.

So I have to find the strength elsewhere.

If it could be found on a store's shelf, I'd buy enough to last me for a lifetime; in bulk. Too bad Costco doesn't carry strength in industrial sizes.

So where does it come from?

Is it spiritual? If you put your faith in an otherworldly being, will faith be transcended onto you? Is it mental? If you brain believes you’ll be alright, will you be? Is it physical? If your body is strong, do you think you’re physically able to take on your problems due to sheer strength? Is it chemical? If you swallow a pill, can it program your negative thought process into something positive?

It could be one, some, or none of the above. I don't know.

The only thing I do know is I need to be strong now, and I don’t know where my strength will come from.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For whatever is going down in your life right now, I wish you every strength and every wisdom in dealing with it. All my best.

May 11, 2007 6:31 am  
Blogger dantallion said...

When you have no other choice, you find the strength. Generally speaking, it's just that simple. Human beings are remarkably resilient when they have to be.

Keep your head up. :)

May 11, 2007 8:21 am  
Blogger S.B. said...

I think strength just comes from a place inside of you that you can not readily identify. It is there and you don't even know it.

Cheers Steven.

May 11, 2007 8:44 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

Sometimes strength comes from just releasing, een to a stranger. You are not alone, and if you need someone to vent with, email me.

May 11, 2007 8:58 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

you just find it. somewhere. anywhere. you do what needs to be done. like d says we are awfully resilient creatures.

May 11, 2007 11:08 am  
Blogger S said...

Thanks.

But, even though it's inside me, I can't find it (and a map isn't making matters any easier because I am horrible with directions).

May 11, 2007 11:12 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

Email me, man. We'll talk. Much of life is made of up very, horribly, ordinary days. No highs or lows. Essential to keep on keeping on. Consistency. Perseverance. Keep doing the things that will hold the puzzle all together. Gotta have a good, solid foundation. I'm here for you, you already know that.

May 11, 2007 11:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

trust me. no matter how bad it gets, we all will eventually find that bit of strength to help get us through. And once we are through the darkness it is amazing how great life can be. we are here for you.

May 12, 2007 2:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

strengt will come from the strangest and most unexpected places when you least expect it. Hope you're doing better!

May 15, 2007 11:47 am  
Blogger madamerouge said...

did you find the strength in ice cream?

r u ok?

May 16, 2007 1:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home