I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Good morning rush hour

Even though Canadians are known to be passive-aggressive and polite in their daily demeanour, it doesn’t mean they can get pretty pissed when someone crosses a non-morning person during morning rush hour.

While I’m walking through the train station, the masses converge in one area in order to exit the building and enter the subway. In the near distance, you can hear the voices of two women. Shouting. Angry. Louder and louder as you get closer to the doors.

“Don’t you think I know you were pushing me,” says one with glasses, pointing at the thinner woman.

“I didn’t push you,” says the thinner woman.

“Didn’t your mother teach you any manners, you bitch?” says the spectacled one with greater conviction.

“I have manners, bitch, it’s you who doesn’t have any manners.” The other one’s response doesn’t have the heft of the one with glasses.

“Don’t you tell me that. I was polite, then you pushed me. So don’t you fuckin’ tell me I don’t have manners.”

The other one turns around and starts to walk away.

Don’t you walk away from me when I’m talking to you!” yells out the one with glasses.

“I don’t talk to people who don’t have the common decency to talk like an adult.” The thinner one uses her best passive-aggressive tactic.

“I am an adult, it’s you who’s running away.”

“I don’t have time for this.”

“Well, neither do I.”

“Whatever.”

Whatever?!” she huffs. “Fuck you, bitch.”

“Oh, yeah. Well, fuck you, too!” yells the other as a weak retort.

By the time I walk past them, I’m grinning from ear to ear. Free entertainment, how novel. It’s before nine in the morning, and I already got my wake up call, telling me that I am not the worst morning person in the city.

8 Comments:

Blogger A Lewis said...

All of that foul language north of the border? I thought only nauseating Americans digressed into that realm of entertaining filth. Did you say they were adults? Now, did they charge for the tickets to the show or was it free?

April 30, 2007 11:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved all the discussion about politeness while screaming obscenities. Absolutely entertaining!

May 01, 2007 5:51 am  
Blogger tornwordo said...

I love the free shows at the subway.

May 01, 2007 6:11 am  
Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

I love that kind of entertainment. Much better than NBC!

May 01, 2007 8:11 am  
Blogger Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

Gotta love Union Station. Don't let Miss Pickering meet Miss Burlington or all hell breaks loose.

May 01, 2007 11:46 am  
Blogger Dop T said...

True story:

Morning rush hour in the Metro Center subway in DC. Two old women - alone - both surely in their 80's and walking towards each other on the edge of the crowd. Eventually, they meet:

Woman 1: What are you doing?
Woman 2: I'm walking.
Woman 1: Into people?
Woman 2: Fuck you!
Woman 1: Dried up bitch!

I laughed for 4 hours.

May 01, 2007 2:58 pm  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

Imagine how your day would have been had these two gotten into a real nail-scratching, biting and kick fest!

May 01, 2007 4:17 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

DOP - Dried up bitch!!! i love it! i'm so going to use that from now on!

May 05, 2007 10:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home