I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Lick and stick

For the past week, I've been working on a complicated mailing that required a lot of my time. There are approximately 150 large, manila envelopes that have to be sealed and stamped before they go out. Due to the fact that I must follow my timeline, I have to get someone else to finish the work because I am busy with a series of other projects.

My boss sees the strategically-separated groupings on the floor. “Steven, is there anything you need?”

“Yeah, I need someone to lick and stick,” I say while I scratch my head.

“What was that?” a voice is heard from beyond the partition.

“You know, like lick and stick,” I say indifferently.

A pin drop could be heard if it wasn’t for the fact the floor is carpeted. From the sound of silence, it seems that my reputation has already caught up with me without my knowledge.

“Oh God, did I say that? Out loud?” I roll my eyes. “I didn’t mean that. God, you people are awful. I mean… awful.” I can’t find the words to describe what I’m really thinking.

Even though my mind isn’t Ivory clean, their minds aren’t as pure as snow, either. Did they really think I meant something dirty? Who do they think I am, and how could they tell so quickly?

Note: Happy birthday, C.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sunshine said...

Is it wrong for me to feel strangely excited by this post? :P

May 07, 2007 4:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I learned a new phrase today! :)

May 07, 2007 5:48 am  
Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

I'd have assumed you were being dirty.
If you wanted nice and clean, you should have asked for "someone to stuff my package."

May 07, 2007 8:41 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

Ah, my perfect good friend, I (we) love stirring the pot. Causing the eyebrows the raise. Now, that being said, there are glue sticks. No need to waste perfectly good spit on an envelope.

May 07, 2007 9:29 am  
Blogger S.B. said...

Some people just look like they have dirty minds. You apparantly are one of those people.

May 07, 2007 9:37 am  
Blogger alexsander said...

haha funny!

May 07, 2007 7:56 pm  
Blogger Christopher said...

This post's title was sooooo misleading!

May 07, 2007 9:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home