I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Clowns are funny

Whenever people describe me to others, the first word out of their mouths is always the same: funny. I have no problem with that. In fact, I think it’s better than being called asshole.

But, after a while, being called funny becomes tiring. Although I try to keep people entertained with my witty repartee and snappy comebacks, that doesn’t mean the only qualifying characteristic of my personality is one of humour. Why can't they talk about how smart I am, my sense of style, or my backlog of useless pop culture and irrelevant social trivia?

I mean, clowns are funny and I don’t resemble a clown in any way, shape, or form.

It’s true that my nose can get red due to allergies. The hair is a little curly when it's humid. The lips are naturally red and pouty. The clothes have been baggy and off-coloured (it was the 1980's). The shoes I’ve worn can be a little floppish. There have been times where I’ve come out of a car with 10 other people (carpool). But, I don’t have a flower that squirts… I have something else for that.

Hmmm... from my description, I can see some similarities, but don't expect squeeze my nose because I'll hurt you if you do.

Note: Thanks to SB for inspiring this post.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How 'bout if we squeeze your squirter? :)

May 02, 2007 5:51 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

ask your doctor for a cream for your squirting something or other.

May 02, 2007 10:39 am  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Lemuel! I'm shocked.

I'm not so good with witty repartee, but I love hanging around those that are.

May 02, 2007 7:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home