I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, May 14, 2007

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream

There’s a hunger pang that I must take care of immediately. I’m in the mood for something sweet, but not in the mood for pop, chocolate or cookies. But, what? Ice cream. Ice cream hits the spot just right. It’s sweet, cool, turns from a solid to a liquid as it melts in your mouth. It’s practically magical.

Out of the drawer comes a spoon that I take with me to the freezer, as a compass of copious consumption. I open the package and dig in. First, I scoop out a little. Mmmm... It's so good. One more scoop. Then some more. Then, a little more. Oops, I have to smooth it out because there’s a dip, I think. One more spoonful won’t make much of a difference

But, it does.

As I look down, I see that I’ve already had ½ of the 2 litre carton in one sitting. That can’t be right, I think. But, I’m oh so wrong. Already, I can feel my pants tightening and my stomach bloating. For some reason, I’ve been scooping out more and more while sitting down, not realizing how much I’ve been eating. And, it’s only been 15 minutes. Shit.

Bad, Steven. Bad, bad Steven. Now, what the hell am I going to do? Put it away? Throw the rest out? Join Weight Watchers?

Nah. I’ll take out one more spoonful… to even out the top.

Note: Thank you to those who asked how I was doing. The answer is not good, but things will get better. Someday.

9 Comments:

Blogger dantallion said...

You see? You needed strength, and you found ice cream, and lots of it!

That's pretty much the same thing, isn't it?

May 14, 2007 2:36 pm  
Blogger A Lewis said...

Lucky for you, I like Bad Steven. Now, about that "evening the top" thing.....a little OCD going on? Ice cream is my favorite.....

May 14, 2007 8:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm chocolate ice cream can cure anything and everything that ails me.

May 14, 2007 11:49 pm  
Blogger S said...

I didn't find strength in ice cream. I did find three pounds, though. It's not the same thing.

May 15, 2007 11:02 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

dont make me slap you upside the face.

i recently discovered creme brulee ice cream by ben and jerrys. i have to avoid the dairy section now.

May 15, 2007 11:16 am  
Blogger Brand New W said...

just tuning in here and sorry to hear you're not doing well. yes, things will definitely get better.

May 15, 2007 1:48 pm  
Blogger Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

One day at a time. And if you need some pick me up for the next few days then just give yourself permission. Maybe not always ice cream though or else you will have to become a manorexic next month ;) Hang in there.

May 15, 2007 4:30 pm  
Blogger madamerouge said...

On Monday, I wanted to post a clip from Aliens... the scene where the space-marines are scoping out the nest, and they find a colonist in a pod that they think is dead, but all of a sudden he/she blurts out from the gooey slime, "kill me."

May 16, 2007 1:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better. I know (as most here do, I'm sure) something of the same depressions.

Don't *only* eat/drink to cope - I did both and, by themselves, they kinda have the opposite effect. Do something active, whether it's a gym thing or just enjoying the (impending?) nice weather and sunshine.

And be with people.

Hey - maybe make a last minute choice to come down the SF for Pride!

May 16, 2007 11:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home