I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Happy Single's Day!

Ever since my sister got married and had my niece (with another baby on the way), I feel like I’ve been needing/wanting to buy presents for anniversaries, birthdays (hers, his, the niece, and eventually, the baby-on-the-way), and any other miscellaous events (Valentine’s day, Hallowe’en, sickness, get well, thinking of you, etc.).

Now, I’m not married, and/or have any kids (that I know of). So, where does that leave me in the gift giving/sharing? It doesn’t.

So, in order to remedy the situation, I suggest creating Happy Single's Day. A single’s week is selfish, and a single’s year would just be too much. One day would be enough to celebrate the qualities of the singletons in the world.

Even if it’s not done for personal reasons, can you imagine the business and marketing opportunities? Cards, clothes, shopping discounts, travel packages… parades. Ok, maybe not a parade, but it wouldn’t be a bad idea (if that fat bastard, Santa, can have one, why can’t we?).

The greatest part of it is you don’t have to spend a cent because other people would (hopefully) buy whatever you want for you.

But, maybe this sounds a little ego-driven. It shouldn’t be all about us. Things would change… when we get married and have kids.

Note: Please excuse my erratic posting schedule; my server has been on the fritz.

7 Comments:

Blogger alexsander said...

hehe I celebrate that every day!

June 04, 2007 3:15 pm  
Blogger Sh@ney said...

LOL....I am all for singles day...Today, tomorrow & every other frigin day for that matter...:P

June 04, 2007 6:19 pm  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

Interesting concept, I must admit. I remember my single days of going and getting myself a birthday present or Christmas gift because I didn't have a significant other. Problem was that after a week, I ended up not liking what I got, then I was pissed at myself for having to return it. Damn, I was such a bitch to myself.

June 04, 2007 7:58 pm  
Blogger S said...

RT: That is too funny. I'm lucky that I always know what I want b/c I hate returning things.

June 04, 2007 8:28 pm  
Blogger Mike said...

We even have a pre-made catalog of holiday carols: "All By Myself," "Goodbye to Love," "Old Maid" -- I love it!

June 06, 2007 11:45 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

didnt carrie to that in a sex and the city episode?

June 06, 2007 12:10 pm  
Blogger Single Guy said...

You should totally start it. I mean why does not Hallmark make the "I heard your are single, that's great" kindda of card

June 09, 2007 7:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home