I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

The most boring person in the room

Being someone who has the opportunity to go to premieres, fundraisers, gala events, glamourous shindigs, and has had interesting jobs, journeys, and a colourful family history, you’d expect that I would have something interesting to say in conversations.

Not always.

All of that is thrown out the window when I talk to A, B, and C (all their real initials) - three people who have lead (and still lead) very interesting lives. I have nothing in my life to compare it to. There’s no point in entering a contest that you know you’re going to lose.

Quite often, I have something vaguely interesting to say about my life; what I did and what I’m going to do. It makes people lean in and twist their necks in my direction. Around A, B, and C, all of my quirks and stories go on holiday. I sit, listen, and mouth the occasional stream of words to form a semi-coherent sentence. My gaping mouth isn't very attractive, either.

It's like I'm like a WASP without a stinger.

They're not the only ones that leave me with a loss for words. It happens more often than not. Where is the "online" Steven? Does he even exist in the real world, or is he some fake, digital entity?

So, maybe I'm not interesting. I am the most boring person in the room... unless I tell people I know other more fascinating people to make myself sound more interesting by association.

11 Comments:

Blogger S said...

Apparently, I'm also boring online because no one is reading this shit, anymore.

June 20, 2007 11:59 pm  
Blogger Franciscus van Munster said...

Franck's tip du jour: not everything you say in conversation has to be 100% true

June 21, 2007 3:58 am  
Blogger Timmy said...

good point franck!

June 21, 2007 7:13 am  
Blogger dantallion said...

NOT boring. Mysterious...

It's all about looking like you're not saying anything intentionally, and listening intently to what tohers are saying. ;)

June 21, 2007 8:47 am  
Blogger madamerouge said...

Someone with your wit and intelligence cannot possibly be the most boring person in the room.

btw, I'm still reading

June 21, 2007 11:06 am  
Blogger S.B. said...

Yawn! What were you saying?

June 21, 2007 1:54 pm  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

You're not the most boring person in the world, but seem to be working on the most impatient person in the world title...

I mean, come on, you posted your comment a minute before you posted the actual post!

:)

June 21, 2007 4:25 pm  
Blogger Sh@ney said...

Awee If you got nothing interesting to say, come sit by me & we can ...well not talk at all...*winks*
I dont have any amazing adventures, profound topics to discuss that would tend to wrap an audience in my verbal grasp! But it bother's me not...Most people tend to find an element of mystery in my self exclusion from idle chit chat...Your not boring Steven, just a case of being too hard on yourself...*winks*

June 21, 2007 6:50 pm  
Blogger Salem said...

What's worse is if you have something really interesting to tell, and you're stuck with someone who has nothing to say, but likes hearing his voice so much that he'll go on and on about his trip to the pharmacy.

June 21, 2007 9:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being boring is not a problem if you do not bore yourself: i tend to solely exist for myself, hence the idea of "boring" now only applies to other activities!

As not every other activity is boring, this is a good way to remove considerations of oneself as boring from ever being relevant.

November 28, 2008 4:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I am trying to find "The Most Boring Person In The World"....to be honest I don't think it is you! Wikipedia says it is Lana -somebody..
...so we can confidently assume that it's probably not!
This is a genuine mission..If anyone is interested in helping or wants to nominate someone get in touch at
whoisthemostboringpersonintheworld@live.co.uk

Thanks

December 30, 2008 4:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home