I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

To the woman sitting behind me in the movie theatre

Hey.

You don’t know me, but I know you. In fact, I think I know you very well. You may not recognize my face, but you know what the back of my head looks like since you were sitting behind me in the movie theatre.

But, I’m sure you weren’t interested in me. You, like everyone else in the room, were there to watch the Canadian premiere of Rescue Dawn, starring Christian Bale.

Now, I realize you and your girlfriend were excited about taking part in this event, but when the lights dimmed and the movie began, your overzealousness began rattling my nerves. Why, you ask? Well, let me remind you…

This is a film, based on a documentary, about one man’s war in a POW camp. It isn’t a comedy. The reason why I have to reinstate the fact it isn’t a comedy is because you and your chick friend were clucking all the way through it. True, there were some parts where you have to chuckle because of the fish-out-of-water situations Bale’s character is put through, but you don't have to be a hysterical hyena when people are getting tortured and slaughtered.

And, I know I wasn’t the only one who wanted to shush you (only because giving you the evil eye in the dark doesn’t make any sense, unless you’re Catholic). It's too bad I wasn't sitting behind you, because I could've thrown popcorn in your hair (if I bought any - $5 for a pocket-sized bag? Suck my dick!), or kicked your seat for two hours like those annoying 5 year olds who can get away with murder due to passive parenting.

Oh, and before I forget, shut the fuck up next time you’re in a movie theatre, filled with almost 100 people who want to watch what’s on screen without having to hear you roar with laughter every five minutes.

POW films are not funny, you fuckin’ idiot.

Best,
Steven.

7 Comments:

Blogger Random Thinker said...

someone is in a bitchy mood. You're pissed about girl-pals, precocious kids, value-priced popcorn, and then your sexual frustrations shine thru? seiously, what the hell does sucking your dick have to do with popcorn?

note to self - do not sit in front of, or behind steven at a movie. the best place is probably next to him, well with a buffer seat or two between. :)

July 03, 2007 7:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I hate it when people are like that! Fishering and I went to see "Little Miss Sunshine" last year, and the theatre was empty, only 8 people or so, and two girls decided to give a running commentary the entire movie! If you're like that, just rent a movie and stay home!

July 03, 2007 11:27 am  
Blogger Brand New W said...

movie goers generally suck these days.

July 03, 2007 12:27 pm  
Blogger about a boy said...

you sure told them!

July 03, 2007 1:56 pm  
Blogger dantallion said...

Hot lunch: At peep shows, in any event.

July 03, 2007 2:59 pm  
Blogger A Lewis said...

I see that Random Thinker isn't quite so much on your side...but I definitely am. I can't even handle the thought of going to a theater any more. The talking, nosie, cell phones, moving around, children...it drives me fucking nuts. I'd have killed her. Did you say something? I would have. And I have. More than once.

July 03, 2007 7:09 pm  
Blogger madamerouge said...

At the risk of sounding as vapid as the woman in the theatre... does CB get naked at all in this movie?

July 09, 2007 11:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home