I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Speechless

The kind of work I do requires me to talk. A lot. So, it would be a negative, of sorts, when I open my mouth and no sounds emerge. That's what's happening. I lost my voice. I'm speechless.

**

Even though I am a little under the weather with the flu, I still go to work. It's a selfish thing to do because I can - possibly - spread the virus to co-workers. But, since my parents always taught me that unless I'm on my last breath, I should be a man and carry on with my day... even though I'm sick.

If I thought having my muscles and joints ache, feeling feverish/chilly, and miserable (not to mention unconscious for two days), not being able to breathe tops them all. My lungs are on fire whenever I cough (which is often) and my throat is constricting; I can barely swallow.

When I tell my co-workers I'm leaving, they're not too impressed. True, I don't look sick, but I feel like shit. Unfortunately, I can't prove them wrong, but I can't stay.

By the time I get home, I can barely make any sounds. Nothing comes out of my mouth, not even a whisper. I spend the rest of the day in bed, asleep.

When I wake up, I'm still speechless.

Update: Just came back from my doctor and he told me I'm contagious, therefore I can't talk for 2-3 days. Fuck.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oh dude are you alright, take some pills

March 10, 2008 11:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's god's way of telling you that she thinks you should give your voice a break hehehehe

feel better soon.

March 10, 2008 11:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lawd!
If I was your co-worker, I'd be demanding you go home! I imagine you have sick days, right?

Anyway, I hope you get well very soon. Any volunteers to help Steve recover? (lol)

March 11, 2008 10:17 am  
Blogger Chris said...

Going to work while sick? Read this:

http://youmayalsolike.blogspot.com/2006/09/fantasy-advertising-subway-edition.html

March 11, 2008 10:44 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

finally i got my wish for you to shut up! heheheeeheee.

March 11, 2008 11:02 am  
Blogger Sh@ney said...

Hang on aren't we supposed to be wishing you would have your fingers bandaged therefore being unable to type! *giggles*
Sorry to here your unwell my buddy and if I could make you feel better I would...But seeing as I can't your gonna have to tough it out on your own...*giggle*
Hope you find your voice again soon & take care MWAH!

March 11, 2008 12:26 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

get well soon!!! how's the snow out there?

March 11, 2008 1:31 pm  
Blogger Steve said...

And here I just wrote you hoping you were feeling better...just goes to show, read before writing!

Take it easy on yourself man! Obviously if your doctor says you're contagious, you've gotta lay low for a bit.

March 11, 2008 6:36 pm  
Blogger dit said...

Hope you feel better soon. Sleep, Chicken Soup, hot tea with ginger and honey.

March 11, 2008 9:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home