I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Leading me on

In the mindfield of mind games, there is always one that trips the bomb in a stop-motion delay – leading others on. It bothers me to a great effect because one person is essentially stringing another person, making them believe they’re wanted/needed.

I have never been one of those people who leads people on. I like to tell people what the situation is from early on. It’s not fair to them. I don’t like to play with the emotions of others. It’s cruel and mean-spirited, and I'd rather be cruel and mean-spirited to random people I see on the street.

Recently, I had to tell someone where we stood in our situation because I didn’t want it go the way it was headed. There were no hard feelings (sorta) and that was that.

Unfortunately, I get lead on all the time. I don’t like it, but there’s nothing I can do because I don’t know I’m being lead on. Because I like to think there’s some good in everyone, it never crosses my mind someone is an asshole (especially since I don’t know them, or haven’t known them for a while).

And, let me tell you, I’ve come across plenty of assholes in a very short while. Sadly, they’re not the kind I’m interested in.

So, I have to carry on, be lead on until someone with an ounce of honesty and respect can tell me what’s going on because I sure as hell don’t.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps the people who lead you on do not know they are leading you on. It is possible for someone to know they are leading you on, but also for someone to not know (if you disagree with this you might as well disregard the rest of my comment).

There must be a point or some sort of threshold within each of our minds that, when reached or crossed, we pause and take a look at a relationship that has been recently formed. For example, Bjorn and Cara met one day and became friends. Cara, being very different from Bjorn in both personality, relationship status, and people skills, may start considering her relationship with Bjorn much sooner than Bjorn starts analyzing his relationship with Cara. I suppose the objective timing of this threshold in relation to the beginning of the interaction between the self and another varies widely. The reasons for the discordance in timing and relationship analyzation skills are probably plenty, including personality, past human interactions, and what has been learned from them, if anything.

People's perception also varies incredibly. What you may view as a potential relationship, another may not, and all the while not even realize your thoughts or desires.

Then again, it's 6:15 AM, so I could just be whistling dixie...

April 30, 2008 6:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there. Thanks for the call a while back.

I'm popping around saying hello to a few people.

Then I should get moving and deal with my ever increasing needs of my dog.

Me, I never know how to read people, and probably the same could be said of me. I think I've given up. If it happens it will be evident, and if it's not then it's not.

April 30, 2008 12:01 pm  
Blogger dit said...

Sop, So very true. I too dislike hidden agendas and manipulative people, or those who lead others on intentionally.

April 30, 2008 2:31 pm  
Blogger about a boy said...

im with you. i usually dont know im being lead on until im about ready to leap off the cliff...

May 02, 2008 10:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home