I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, May 01, 2009

Lofty ambitions

Today I will move into my new place. The only difference between this place and others is a big one. I’m not talking about size, but ownership.

For years, I paid my dues and saved every dollar and cent I could in order to buy something I could call my own. A lot of sacrifices were made (time, space, sanity), but now I can say I own my very own place.

It’s not a place by the beach, or a mansion in the Briar Path, but I am moving on up (even if I’m not very high off the ground). Situated downtown, my two-storey loft has high ceilings, lots of sunlight, a small patio, and room for all my crap.

Sadly, the only problem I have is one of furniture; I don’t have much of it. But, after waiting years to become a homeowner, I'm impatient to get it furnished. No matter how fabulous your place is, no one wants to sit, eat or sleep on the floor.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!

Welcome to the burden of property! You're gonna love it.

May 01, 2009 12:15 am  
Blogger Doomed But Cheerful! said...

Congratulations - there are only two investments that have consistently held or increased their value in the West in the last 100 years or so - gold, and property. Well done on your perseverance! Now, furniture is always a vexing thing - I prefer minimal, my wife would like Second Empire or similar - so in 'my' spce (the den) it is a couple of kelim rugs and some giant bean bags, with some prints on the walls (unpainted, ofc!). When I was in Glasgow, I got all my furniture from the Salvation Army shop - call me cheap, if you like! But it worked out well, and kept the mortgage payments on time!
Enjoy your space - quite envious - a loft!
G =]

May 01, 2009 2:04 am  
Blogger Godfrey said...

awesome man. very exciting. sounds like a pretty sweet apartment.

May 01, 2009 9:21 am  
Blogger S.B. said...

Wow, that is awesome. Congrats. Can't wait to see pictures.

May 01, 2009 9:24 am  
Anonymous Tuna Girl said...

Congratulations. May you have many happy years in your own place.

I'm still living with hand-me-down furniture from thirteen years ago, so I feel your pain. Take your time and only buy stuff you love.

May 01, 2009 9:57 am  
Blogger Stephen Chapman said...

Sounds great!

We have some spare furniture - only problem is that I live north of London!

:-)

May 01, 2009 12:17 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

congratulations! that's huge news!!!

May 01, 2009 3:22 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

good for you !!! you are now more in charge of your money ..

May 03, 2009 1:40 am  
Blogger Cincinnati NAMjA said...

Congrats! Don'tw worry...you will get whats coming to you. Sometimes its better to wait.

May 03, 2009 9:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home