I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, April 06, 2009

Rash decisions

Recently, I battled an allergic reaction. At first, I thought it was a skin infection because of the small bumps that first appeared on my hand. I also thought I got it from J because he had the same bumps. His diagnosis was a skin infection, passed on from someone else. Naturally, I assumed it was the same thing.

Then, it started to spread. And, it didn’t stop.

The rash spread from my hands, to my arms, down my chest to torso, then downwards towards my feet. It was gradual; over a couple of days. The rash was everywhere (and I mean everywhere).

Then, I started to itch and scratch. And, I didn’t stop.

After a couple of minutes, my skin would turn red from having my nails being run across it, repeatedly. It wasn’t the right thing to do, but it felt so good. My body looked like it sprouted hives within a short period.

When I saw my doctor, he told me it was an allergic reaction. I told him it was probably a skin infection, but he corrected me, saying it’s an allergic reaction and that I should look back over the past month and review my eating habits.

But I didn't listen to my doctor and go through my "diet journal," instead I made a rash decision and take matters into my own hands (and fingernails) by using the same medication J used for his skin infection. Lucky for me it paid off, because there was no way I was going to keep on scratching my balls in front of my co-workers.

2 Comments:

Blogger A Lewis said...

Wow. Sounds horrible. I only had that happen one time -- and it was an allergic reation to a sulfa drug that I was taking.....and that's how I found out I was allergic to sulfa drugs. I jumped on Benadryl and it was all good.

April 05, 2009 7:07 pm  
Blogger Doomed But Cheerful! said...

Awful for you. However, ball scratching must have been entertaining to watch! I hope you are all sorted now.=]

April 08, 2009 7:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home