I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, March 30, 2009

So much better

There are times where I look back in my life and realize I have relationships with people that I shouldn't have. It isn't because they're horrible people, but because they aren't the people I should have in my life.

Why did I have relationships with them? Because I had to.

It has been said the reason why people pass through your life is to learn about yourself. They allow you to act and react in a manner which is reflective of the person you are (even if you don’t react, that’s still indicative of a behaviour).

So, I grew as a person after learning what I needed to learn from them. Although I thought they were in my life because of a deep-seated need to connect with someone - anyone - that will lavish some attention on me to prove my worthiness in the world, it wasn’t the reason.

Without them, I wouldn't know the person who I was, am and was going to be. Thankfully, I am so much better having them in my life... even if I’m lucky to have them out of my life because some of them were assholes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Doomed But Cheerful! said...

Very interesting observation - I wish I could recall who also wrote 'we love people in a way that actually reflects our our image, and not theirs' - so loving is another way of communicating with our inner self. Sounds selfish, perhaps, but it also sounds very honest.
You, my friend, write in a very honest way! G =]

March 30, 2009 1:24 am  
Anonymous Karen said...

Very interesting. Actually, you're helping me to see something I really need to see. Thank you for that.

March 30, 2009 8:43 am  
Blogger Cincinnati NAMjA said...

This is too funny. I was just thinking about a former love that I had to let go and was thinking the same things. I had to let him go due to a whole host of reasons, but I feel that my time with him helped me to grow as a person.

March 30, 2009 2:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know you but isn't saying
"Without them, I wouldn't know the person who I was, am and was going to be." giving too much credit to mistakes, bad judgement and, as you say, assholes? I think it's find to throw the assholes from your memory and not lump them in with the good guys. Its the positive people and experiences who make you the man you are today. And more positive experiences will make the man you are going to be even a better man.

Just a thought - great blog, Kyle

April 01, 2009 12:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home