I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Until something better comes along

In life, there will inevitably be a fork in the road that many people will face. Two choices, one selection. Which is the correct (and possibly blissful) path?

If one is chosen, another is left behind. But, for whatever reason people go down one road and not another is never known. Sometimes it's a whim, sometimes it's chance, and sometimes they see one path as being prettier than another and decide that the gardener did a better job maintaining the landscaping.

And, that's how it is with a lot of people in my life. They stick around until something better comes along. It's sad to think of people that way, but it happens more often than I'd like to think and admit.

Maybe they just think I'm not good enough for them and it's time to "move on." When I see who they've "moved on" with, I have to scratch my head (and get a little angry) especially since my replacement is a hell of a lot uglier than I am.

It's unfortunate they never realized how good they had it. I'm not perfect, but I'm not half-bad. And when they come back (which most do), they assume it's going to be like it was. It never is and it never will be.

I move on, as well.

5 Comments:

Blogger Doomed But Cheerful! said...

=/ I am so sorry that you have been hurt so much that you have written this post. Clearly, whoever it is, will now have cause to regret it. Having moved on, I am sure you will blossom and flourish even more.

Simply put - [hugz].
G =]

March 04, 2009 5:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, seriously? Well, wait, I guess I can say the same for me, but I only hold a grudge against the people that I really cared about who really hurt me.

March 04, 2009 12:22 pm  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

Happy WTF Wednesday!

March 04, 2009 11:57 pm  
Blogger JCLL said...

You have to look at it like this... They were never ment for you, because they were never good enough for you, so the universe took them away from you...their loss...not yours...People dont move on coz its better, they move on coz the other one is "easy"

March 05, 2009 1:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those that have left you for better have chose the wrong path, obviously a pretentious person not taking the time to learn about what is on the inside of you.

Life is full of many avenues, maybe someday ours will connect.
Your Guardian Angel

March 09, 2009 1:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home