I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Socks suck

Although my life contains regularly-scheduled moments of glitz and glamour, there are other aspects of it that people don't realize entails no shiny, happy people. I have to take care of a lot of things that entail trivialities no one wants/need to know about because they're excruciatingly boring.

For example, I mended socks on Saturday night. That's right. Socks. I sat on the floor of my living room with several pairs of socks on the floor, a needle and thread and some shitty television flickering in front of me.

There were no parties, no fashion, no friends and/or foes. Nothing. The only thing there was was a tumbler with Scotch on the floor, near the socks. That didn't help with the mending, though. Damn cross stitches.

After going out with regularity, I would rather stay at home on a Saturday and not do a thing, even if that thing entails doing something excruciatingly boring. But, mending socks suck.

13 Comments:

Blogger A Lewis said...

Buy new ones? I've never considered mending them. In fact, I don't think I've ever encountered any holes in them -- except for the one pair that the dog got ahold of.

February 23, 2009 12:11 am  
Blogger Princessa lil mexico said...

socks are just assholes... get new ones!!

February 23, 2009 12:18 am  
Blogger Doomed But Cheerful! said...

What a wonderful example of the frugality of the dominions and colonies, compared with the excesses of the states! Good for you!

G =]

February 23, 2009 3:28 am  
Blogger Stephen Chapman said...

You are a true party animal! The joy of socks?!

February 23, 2009 3:38 am  
Blogger Tristan said...

We should all take a little inspiration here. Mending socks instead of throwing them away is one step closer to improving the global economy and saving the planet!

February 23, 2009 5:31 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

I think it's sad that you are using socks as an excuse for your drinking.

Admit it, you just wanted to have a few scotches, and was using the darned socks as cover.

If you go to AA, I'll go too!

February 23, 2009 8:36 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

why not just buy new socks?

February 23, 2009 11:50 am  
Blogger TFG said...

See grammar entry of 2/19/09

For example, I mended socked on Saturday night.

Mended Socked?

February 23, 2009 3:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it a novel concept to mend your socks... wish my other half would be that practical to sit in the floor with me and mend socks.

In the meantime, he plays on the net while I do such things.

-C

February 23, 2009 4:35 pm  
Blogger TED said...

Mending socks is for pussies. Real men completely unravel the socks and knit them again.

February 23, 2009 6:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a foot fetish, so please don't even bother with the socks :)

February 23, 2009 8:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's an arrogance about you that's almost charming. I find people who are bigots and criminals far more offensive that those who forget an apostrophe or the possessive case occasionally. Did YOU know the word "personable" means "attracive"? Everyone misuses the word as a reference to one's personality. Also, the preferred pronounciation of the word "forte" is "fort", NOT "forte". Check me out in Webster's. So the next time you are not out at some glamourous affair being limoed (I may have invented that word) about, or sitting on your floor darning socks, something I am proud to state I have never done - what are they $20 tops? - I hope you think of all those you look down upon and mock for not possessing your gramatical talents and say to yourself "did I ever say fortay or misuse personable?" Humility is rather grand.

February 25, 2009 4:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to have been the one threading the needle and refilling the tumbler of Scotch.

Guardian Angel

March 09, 2009 1:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home