I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, February 02, 2009

Genetics, my ass

Whenever I hear a model-type person who has a great body explaining the method to the madness as a simple matter of good of genes, I want to yell out, Liar! because I know it's not the truth.

After further probing, I learn the girls don't eat and smoke copious amounts of cigarettes, while the guys eat a 1/2 dozen small meals a day, supplemented by workouts six times a week.

Christian Boeving, a popular fitness model, was discovered to have used steroids for years to achieve his muscled look while he was promoting health supplements. Sadly, Boeving couldn't look like himself without the use of steroids. So, if a model can't look like himself 'naturally' then where is the hope for the rest of us? There isn't.

True, genetics plays a small part of it, but it's only a short chapter in a rather thick book. Genes would play a larger role if these said people sat on their asses, ate foods high in fat, and managed to maintain a flat stomach with an ass that defies gravity.

Still, it makes me want to cuss out models. Non-models think those skinny bitches are that way naturally, and because of that, their self-esteem erodes when they look in the mirror or try on a new pair of jeans (made for a skinny person, natch). And, the thing is almost anyone can look like that if they don't eat, smoke, and hit the gym.

Then again, I don't exercise and eat non-stop, so...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My genetics predetermined a tall, potato on sticks, with NO ass, or a short, over filled torso, bootylicious sonofagun.

Bootylicious, baby!

wv: unkesser
as in;

"She ugly. Can I unkesser?"

February 02, 2009 12:49 am  
Blogger JCLL said...

There is not a single muscle mary in the world who looks like they do naturally. You can ONLY look like that with the help of roids....

February 02, 2009 3:33 am  
Blogger Doomed But Cheerful! said...

I lived with a dancer for a while - I nearly died of starvation and developed the first stages of chronic bronchitis livng with him - hot bod and all, but not an advert for healthy living! You just do what you need to, to be healthy, and if the shape isnt exactly like in Vogue, etc - who cares? Real men like real men, know what I mean?!

February 02, 2009 7:19 am  
Blogger Anonymous Blogger said...

man, if it was natural life would be easy.

February 03, 2009 4:51 am  
Blogger Jay said...

life wasnt meant to be easy, but damn wish it was

February 03, 2009 10:03 pm  
Blogger Phronk said...

I'm all for exercising and trying to look good with whatever genes we've been given, but when drugs and starvation get involved, that's retarded.

February 05, 2009 9:35 pm  
Blogger about a boy said...

i eat 6 small meals a day and workout 6 days a week. i must be a model!

February 06, 2009 10:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home