I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, January 05, 2009

Birthday plans

For the past two weeks, people have started making comments about my pending birthday. Namely, they want to know what I’m doing to celebrate my 25th on January 10.

Part of me wants to do something special, while the other part of me doesn’t want to do a thing because of all the work that goes into doing something special.

J has asked several times what I want to do and I’ve said I don’t care. Even though my birthday is celebrated as a national party in Canada, to me, it’s a day like any other.

But I feel like I have to do something for my family and friends. And, since I’m one for planning and not being spontaneous (if you want to see me pissed off, surprise me with something), inevitably I’m the person who’ll be putting things together.

It’s not about the gifts and candles on the cake, but it’s figuring out when to do it (day and time), where to go, what to do there, who will be invited (and who won’t), who will RSVP, how everyone will get there, etc. etc.

Who knew that planning your own birthday party would be a lot of work? If it’s this much of a pain, I’m not going to do a thing and stay 24 for another year.

By the way, mark January 10 with a big, red circle on your calendar...

12 Comments:

Blogger Princessa lil mexico said...

you finally get to lower you car insurance!! woot woot! go 25!!!

January 05, 2009 12:39 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

It's a very good thing I don't live closer.

January 05, 2009 10:26 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

are you this anal about planning everything in your life? or just your birthday?

Let me be the first (or one of the first) to say HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY, Again!!!

January 05, 2009 11:01 am  
Blogger Marquis said...

Wow! how long have you been 25 again?

January 05, 2009 8:35 pm  
Blogger Jake said...

I know exactly how you feel. It seems like nothing happens on my birthday unless I plan it, but I never really feel like doing anything for my birthday, so I cave it and plan a dinner or something. Who knew it so difficult.

January 05, 2009 8:38 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

i'm just staying in and avoiding the world on mine.

January 05, 2009 8:47 pm  
Blogger JCLL said...

Wait till you turn 30..then the pressure of throwing a bitchin party is really on!!!!! or is 25 code for 30th????

January 06, 2009 3:13 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

I did as you suggested, got my red Sharpie with the wide tip out, and appropriately marked January 10th!

NOW I HAVE A FUCKIN BRIGHT RED CIRCLE ON MY LAPTOP SCREEN!

Thanks for that suggestion!

January 06, 2009 7:26 pm  
Blogger DavisMcDavis said...

How remarkable! I already have a big red circle on January 10th - I guess your birthday corresponds with my menstrual cycle! I'd recommend staying 24 - I've been 28 for several years now and I LOVE it.

January 07, 2009 1:32 pm  
Blogger Phronk said...

Sorry, but you're not on my Facebook so I'll inevitably forget your birthday. I'll just say happy almost-birthday now. Capricorns rule.

January 08, 2009 1:01 pm  
Blogger Naijadude said...

What?? You're only 24 going on 25?? wow...

January 09, 2009 1:40 pm  
Blogger madamerouge said...

Wait a minute... you turned 25 last year! I'm on to your tricks!

January 14, 2009 7:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home