I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Text messages in the night

Just to prove the sort of person I attract, at 1:30 a.m., my phone rings its shrill tone that breaks the silence and jolts me out of bed. It’s a text message. When I lean over and grab the phone (situated beside my head), I scroll down and look at the number; it’s unknown to me.

Then I read the message: It’s XXX!!! Wanna have some hot sex. I’m horny!!!

I look at the name. I have no idea who it is. Who the fuck got my number? It’s unlisted and I hardly ever give it out to anyone. Those who I do give it out to are in my phone book. This name and number is not there.

When I look through my e-mail contacts in the morning, I find who it is. It’s kind of a shock. J disappeared off the face of the planet almost a year ago. Haven’t heard anything since. Of course, as it was with J, I’d get messages out of the blue and they were usually for the same thing.

It’s a good thing I never took them too seriously (after being stood up a year ago), because now I can turn over in bed and fall right back asleep after receiving a text message in the middle of the night.

6 Comments:

Blogger JCLL said...

The amount of freaks out there, are uncanny. Good for you that you just rolled over and went back to sleep. I must admit I have never had those kind of text messages...thank God

January 19, 2009 1:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not to mention there's the whole get up, shower, dress, drive, coffee, drive more, then get driven.


wv: coners

"she's got some coners on her!"

January 19, 2009 1:43 am  
Blogger ..... said...

well dude if that horny lover man is hot as hell then fall for him !!!!

January 19, 2009 5:31 pm  
Blogger Stephen Chapman said...

Maybe it was sent as a humourous "hi I'm back" text?

Or am I seeing only good in people again!

http://thestateofthenationuk.blogspot.com/

January 20, 2009 3:56 am  
Blogger Jake said...

I just love it when ex-boyfriends appear, out of the blue, just for a booty call.

January 21, 2009 8:27 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

given that you enjoy the post-sex sandwiches, next time you MIGHT be tempted to respond to one of those text messages, go to the fridge and make yourself something to eat first. that might satisfy the underlying craving you have...

January 21, 2009 10:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home