I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Corner of College and Bathurst

“Hey.”

“Hey, where are you?”

“I’m at College and Bathurst.”

“No, you’re not. I’ve been waiting here for 20 minutes and you’re not here.”

“Yes, I am. I’m at the Scotiabank.”

“No, you’re not. I went there and it’s closed. You’re not outside and you’re not indoors, either.”

“Yeah, I’m waiting outside the bank; at the west side of College and Bathurst.”

No, you’re not. I’ve even gone back and forth, crossed the street and I haven’t seen you.”

“Can’t you see me?”

No. There’s no one there. One corner has a bank. The other has a restaurant. The other one has a church of some kind and the last has a parking lot. You’re not at either.”

“I’ve been waiting here for 15 minutes, ever since the streetcar dropped me off.”

“Look, if this is some sort of game, I’m not playing it. I don’t have time for games.”

“You’re mad.”

“Yeah, I’m a little.” Pause for composure. “Hold on. Hold on. Walk to the corner and tell me the name of the intersection.”

“Oh, ok.” Pause. “It’s Grace.”

“Grace isn’t Bathurst. Grace is, like, 10 blocks away from Bathurst.”

“Do you still want to meet?”

“Yeah. I do. I really need a drink right now.”

7 Comments:

Blogger Tristan said...

At least there was a street sign to eventually set it right! Those are few and far between back home.

February 12, 2009 1:30 am  
Blogger JCLL said...

Thats so funny!!! Thank goodness he was still up to meet...

February 12, 2009 9:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a Play in one short act.

February 12, 2009 1:18 pm  
Blogger J said...

lmao

February 12, 2009 6:39 pm  
Blogger dit said...

Its a great short story/ ad. sell it! lol

February 14, 2009 10:32 am  
Blogger Jake said...

Now that's a mix up.

February 16, 2009 2:00 pm  
Blogger Sohyle said...

Hahaha Thats sooo funny! COOL BLOG MAN! VEry unique!!

March 03, 2009 8:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home