I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Multiple personalities for sale

When I feel the need to purge some stuff from my life, I log onto Craigslist and Kijiji and post some ads. It’s a great way to sell what you have that you don’t need while making a couple bucks. Lucky for me, I don’t wreck anything and normally keep the original packaging just in case I have to return it to the store.

I use an alternate e-mail address (for my junk mail) to keep track of all those who send me messages, claiming they’re interested in my wares. When it’s time to meet and do an exchange, I give them an alias, and I ask for their phone number because I don’t want them to have mine (it’s private).

The reason why I don’t use my real name and give them my phone number is because I don’t want these people to come knocking at my door if they want to return what they bought. This isn’t retail and there’s no exchange policy - final sale, only.

But, I still can’t get over the fact that people will call me by my alias when I approach them. Part of me giggles inside and that’s why I appear to smirk when I introduce myself. There’s even been a time where I almost said, “Uh, no. My name is...” when they called me by nom de plume.

Thankfully, no one has ever called out the other name while in public. Now, that would be awkward. I wouldn't be able to do a proper exchange without proof of purchase.

1 Comments:

Blogger Phronk said...

Haha, that's pretty hilarious. I hope your pseudonym is an amusing one. Like, Sir Venstee The Third.

P.S. My word verification is "blews".

March 30, 2009 6:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home