I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pain in the back

At the end of the housewarming, after cleaning up the tiny mess my guests left behind during the low-key event, I got ready for bed. I was tired and I had to get up early the next day because I was traveling. The only issue is that I didn't have a bed. What I had was a floor; a newly-installed hardwood floor.

It should've been memorable since it was the first time I slept over at my new loft. It was memorable for the wrong reasons. I have slept on floors before; sometimes it was because I wanted to, and sometimes because I was forced to (being pushed out of bed isn't something I like to happen to me).

It wasn't bad for the first half hour, but then it did get bad. And from bad it went to worse... much, much worse. I was waking up every few minutes because of the pain. At the start, I thought it was because of the two drinks I had and my lumbar issues were due to dehydration. After going to the kitchen for a couple of glasses of water, I found out that wasn't the case. The floor was hard and it was taking it out on my back.

By the next morning, I wasn't able to move. I couldn't stretch, lean forward, bend down, or twist my torso. Basically, anything that required the top half of my body to move required a lot of wincing and whining. It also doesn't help I was going to take care of my two nieces the next day.

Now, I know that no matter what the circumstance, I will be sleeping on the floor only if there's a mattress on it first and if I have a large bottle of extra strength Tylenol on hand to help ease the pain. Sweet, sweet drugs...

5 Comments:

Blogger Cincinnati NAMjA said...

Sorry to hear about that...your should have had a more eventful first night.

May 20, 2009 6:26 am  
Blogger Sohyle said...

feel Better!

May 20, 2009 10:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG The pain! I have 2 air mattresses with a topper that are magnificent to sleep on. cheap too! Might I recommend one. Get well!

hh

May 21, 2009 1:43 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

What? No bath towels?...Get better soon my friend!

May 21, 2009 4:49 pm  
Blogger Christopher said...

What? No bath towels?...Get better soon my friend!

May 21, 2009 4:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home