I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Let it go

Sometimes it’s hard to let go of something when it’s always there. In the case of a certain someone, it would be so much easier if he wasn’t following me around.

I’ve been rather successful in ignoring him and know that it irks him because of my sources. But, I’d rather not have him around. In fact, no one wants him around because no one likes him. It would be so much easier for everyone to not have an out-of-shape albatross in the same room.

When M hears me mention this certain someone, she huffs. “S, you have to let it go,” she says while standing amongst her friends.

“Ok, fine. How do I do it? Seriously. Tell me how.” I extend my arms forward, reaching in the air. I really want to know. This shit has to stop.

They can’t answer my question. Whether it’s because they don’t know how, or because they can’t pull from their own experiences, I’m not sure. All I know is they can’t give me some advice because they don’t have any.

I’m going to have to find a way to let it go, unless there isn’t a way to do so. If that’s the case, then we’re going to have to lug around this burden with love-handles for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home