I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, December 12, 2011

House vs. house boy

Not too long ago, I was a dinner guest at my friend's newly-renovated home in the 'burbs. It was a pleasant change for me since I haven't been out of the city in a couple of weeks (I also haven't seen him in over six months).

While we're in the kitchen, I prop myself up on the natural stone countertop and we get on the conversation thread of home renovations, cleaning ladies, and men. Odd combination. Not too long into it, my friend asks if I had the option to choose between a nice house or a house boy, which would it be.

Without skipping a beat, I say I'd take the house. I think he's surprised. I'm being serious.

Amongst several of my reasons, I believe real estate is more dependable (it will always be there), reliable (chances are, it's always on time), honest (you know it's a house not a louse), valuable (especially in the resale market), and most of all, a house doesn't disappoint you (this one explains itself).

Eventually, we begin to talk about other things, but I think I made my point that night. When it comes down to it, I'd rather be happy and single while having a place that I can call home instead of being coupled while living under a bridge.

But, maybe it's just me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vin said...

i agree with you on the last paragraph but also you can be happy with someone and have a good home. i don't know... lol don't mind me. anyhoo, great blog!!! i enjoyed reading it.

have a great weekend!

December 16, 2011 7:19 pm  
Blogger Rick Steadman said...

Good choice.

December 21, 2011 12:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home