I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Take a picture, it'll last longer

Some people take great photos and stand behind the scenes. Some people take great photos and stand in front of the camera.

Unfortunately, I fall into neither category.

In order to get a reasonable image of me captured on celluloid, it takes a lot of research, time and patience. Also, a team of hair and makeup people, lighting technicians and a stylist that can find me clothes that fit are required.

And a photographer.

From Steven Meisel and Steven Klein to Patrick Demarchelier and Alexi Hay, countless portfolios were pored over and scrutinized. Who could make me look good – or even presentable – on film?

In the end, Annie Leibovitz came to my home in Telluride, Colorado, where she spent five days taking photos of me, my fiancée and our four-month-old Japanese baby with blue contacts, a Ringo Starr wig…

Oh wait, that wasn’t me.

Anyway, the photo is grungy and grainy, not due to photoshop, but because I'm just plain ol' dirty.

13 Comments:

Blogger Lemuel said...

Love the sruffy beard! May I say... Woof!

October 18, 2006 6:33 am  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Great shot!

October 18, 2006 7:14 am  
Blogger Timmy said...

very hot!

October 18, 2006 8:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's wrong with being dirty?

October 18, 2006 12:30 pm  
Blogger Timmy said...

Nothing, as far as I am concerned Joe.

October 18, 2006 2:25 pm  
Blogger S said...

Lemuel: I'm also lazy, hence the scruff.

Torn, Timmy and Liquid: Thanks, but it's all due to major cropping.

Joe: Dirty isn't bad, but unhygenic can be an issue...

October 18, 2006 3:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh...you look EXACTLY NOTHING like I had you pictured in my head. Amazing how that works out. ;0) I find it incredible that we draw pictures of people based off of no description whatsoever. Glad you don't have that second head I had pictured... (I'M KIDDING!)

Great shot! Much better than any picture of me! I scurr people....

October 18, 2006 6:08 pm  
Blogger yani said...

I'm with Jason... you so don't look like I thought you looked...

But by the same token I don't know what the hell you're whinging about... you're not exactly an unattractive individual!

October 18, 2006 7:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many times do I have to tell you that you are good looking? Stop putting yourself down or no Christmas cookies for you!

October 18, 2006 11:15 pm  
Blogger S said...

JUS and Yaniboy: Gee, thanks for the compliment?

Glenn: Well, I should give up sugar... after Hallowe'en.

October 18, 2006 11:55 pm  
Blogger Jason said...

Nice pic. I'm currently starving myself so I too can post a pic one day.

I love being gay.

October 19, 2006 12:25 pm  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

I only take good pictures when I'm drunk as you can see I have a beer in my hand in my avatar. Other than that I get stressed out in front of a camera because I can't smile on command.

October 19, 2006 5:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I the only person who doesn't see the photo, or are you referencing the profile picture?

February 19, 2007 10:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home