I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

I know

With the ever changing world morphing into something we never expected, there is a lack of stability in society that never finds an even equilibrium. Although for every black there is a white, sometimes there is a shade of grey that creates a feeling of uncertainty.

But, whatever happens, there are some things I know for sure…

I know life is hard because I'm alive.
I know there's a reason why I'm alive even if I'm not sure what it is.
I know people judge.
I know people assume the worst of me.
I know I have a polarizing effect on people and I don’t care.
I know I’ll never make everyone happy, so I won’t even bother to try anymore.
I know I think with my heart even though I’m a rational person.
I know I’d rather think with my head, but my heart always gets in the way.
I know you’re an idiot.
I know you’re not as smart as you think you are.
I know you confuse self-confidence with delusion.
I know the reason why you’re single, even if you don’t.
I know you’re not hot.
I know you’re not good looking.
I know I’ll never be beautiful.
I know I'll always be a fat kid on the inside.
I know I'll always be a little naïve.
I know there has to be a little good in everyone.
I know I like the wrong people.
I know I will continue to trust people without giving them a second thought.
I know you’re trying.
I know I love the sound of rain falling on the roof on a Sunday morning.
I know I get out of bed in the morning because there's a reason.
I know I’ve made stupid mistakes.
I know I don’t always learn from my stupid mistakes.
I know I’ll always have something to prove.
I know I’ll never know everything…

Unfortunately, there are quite a few things that I know and want to forget. It’s also unfortunate there are quite a few other things that I don’t know and need to remember.

The scales are always out of balance.

7 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

I know you're introspective.
I know not many other people care to understand themselves

October 05, 2006 6:56 am  
Blogger Timmy said...

"I know the reason why you’re single, even if you don’t."

OMG! WHY??! WHY GOD?!? Thanks, now I am crying again. Thanks a lot!

October 05, 2006 8:32 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

I know life can be a kick in the nuts.

I'm sorry if I've ever been the kicker.

October 05, 2006 9:05 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

(And I know I assume that I mean a lot more to people than I usually ever do, so forgive the arrogance of my previous comment.)

October 05, 2006 9:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. You know a great deal more that I.

And how'd you know I wasn't hot? Man...I thought that was MY secret.

Crap. Now I have to kill you.

October 05, 2006 6:59 pm  
Blogger Single Guy said...

I like this post.

But isn't what is interesting of life the things you do not know?

I do not know who I will fall in love with
I do not know what tomorrow will bring
I do not know what South Africa is like.

October 05, 2006 7:47 pm  
Blogger S said...

Joe: I know I'm not too sure.

Indy: I know you're joking.

Six: I know it's hard.

Jeff: I know I don't know you.

Jason: I know I'll need protection from you.

SG: I know I'd rather know everything that's coming b/c I don't like surprises.

October 05, 2006 9:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home