I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

High school abusical

The high school I went to was known for the quality of people who made an impact in society: Ed Broadbent was a leader of the NDP, Alan Pilkey was an esteemed member of Parliament, and of course, me.

Unfortunately, there was also a lot of crap that littered those hallways.

Case in point…

Mike X raped a girl, took a rock to her head, crushed her skull and left her for dead on the train tracks. He got 12 years in prison, eligible for parole in six. He also made a threat on my life, but that’s another story for another time…

Anthony Y shot and killed a man after an argument gone sour. Manslaughter. He got three years probation because he was a “good boy” (and he was, despite never being able to shut the fuck up) while serving time on another sentence.

Jamie Z had been incarcerated due to being a child predator, with a predilection for young boys (when he was in Student’s Council, he just liked to steal cash from the accounts – being the treasurer, and all).

Did I mention these three gentlemen were also within two years (plus or minus) of my grade? In fact, I associated with them all at one point, or another. One was a boyfriend of an acquaintance, one was a classmate, and one was a member of my cabinet.

It’s too bad they didn’t take advantage of what the school offered in classes and extracurricular activities.

Now they’re stuck doing bad revivals of Gypsy for the guys in cell block H.

10 Comments:

Blogger Threnody said...

Which makes me wonder: When does your decline into utter depravity begin?

March 15, 2007 2:04 am  
Blogger Sunshine said...

LOL, that's so depressing, Steve. :P

March 15, 2007 4:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who gets to play Gypsy?

LOL!

March 15, 2007 6:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But now you do share something, you've all had the same kinds of sex. I mean, I just assume. :p

March 15, 2007 9:04 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

i did a revival of west side story when i was in the big house. it was a hit!

March 15, 2007 10:48 am  
Blogger S said...

What's funny is that when they were in high school, I never thought they were closested musical-lovers.

Guess I was wrong.

March 15, 2007 4:23 pm  
Blogger A Lewis said...

Ahh, I'm amongst good friends: A guy I went to school with smothered an old man to death.....while we were in 8th grade together. He used to beat me up, trip me, hit me, slam me.....and that was the fun part. Isn't is so cool that we turned out all sassy and pretty and everything....in spite of being in the presence of weirdos.

March 15, 2007 7:12 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

they had it comin'! they had it comin' just the same!!!

*lipshitz!!*

March 15, 2007 8:34 pm  
Blogger My adventures said...

that's priceless, i'd like to see half the people i went to high school with on cell block H!!!!

March 16, 2007 7:21 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

Well, ya gotta have a gimmick.

March 20, 2007 11:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home