I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Drunk walk

As part of a recent work assignment, a co-worker and I were supposed to walk down a hallway while being filmed. We were directed to strut, as they do in the opening sequence of CSI. There were several takes because we kept on laughing while trying to act serious.

Watching the footage, something struck me: I have the most ridiculous walk in the world. One foot barely makes it past the other. My legs cross, making it difficult to walk a straight line. It's as if I had six G&Ts and I'm stumbling home for another six.

I always thought I walked fine - not too fast, not too slow, to a regular beat. My strut entails a stomp where the muscle in the back of my thigh tenses and makes the bottom of my ass cheek jiggle just a tiny bit with the impact of my foot hitting the ground.

Apparently, what I think and what I do are two different things.

And because of that video, I am never going to walk again.

Note: Do you walk the way you think you do? Have someone film you while walking to prove you otherwise.

13 Comments:

Blogger madamerouge said...

you can do it

think of George Eads

March 19, 2007 11:12 pm  
Blogger Christopher said...

Canada's Next Top Model?

That's just your inner 'Linda Evangelista' dying to break free...embrace it...become it...but most of all: WORK IT, BITCH!

March 20, 2007 12:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...My strut entails a stomp where the muscle in the back of my thigh tenses and makes the bottom of my ass cheek jiggle just a tiny bit..."

O my, how you tease a guy!

March 20, 2007 6:02 am  
Blogger Sunshine said...

Mincing doesn't make good work videos. :P

March 20, 2007 7:34 am  
Blogger dantallion said...

Suddenly I have an image of John Cleese doing his "silly walk".

March 20, 2007 7:55 am  
Blogger S.B. said...

I actually think I walk BETTER after a few G&T's.

March 20, 2007 8:52 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look like I'm squeezing a grape when I walk.

March 20, 2007 8:58 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

I have a tendency to lean over a little ... my forward walk is fine, it's in profile when it's cockeyed.

March 20, 2007 11:28 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

i should have someone tape me.

funny thing is...i tend to change my walk. if i see someone walking a certain way i start to imitate them. sometimes i find it hard to get my walk back.

March 20, 2007 11:28 am  
Blogger S said...

I totally forgot to mention: I walk differently with each pair of shoes I wear.

Flip flops - I drag my feet.
Loafers - I march.
Dress shoes - I strut.
Barefoot - I'm carried.

March 20, 2007 11:34 am  
Blogger Brand New W said...

maybe u should run everywhere.

March 20, 2007 2:03 pm  
Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

Haha, I'd never thought of how I walk, so I asked one of my staff. Apparently I mince. I wiggle my butt, and my feet go almost directly in front of each other!
Crap.

March 20, 2007 2:42 pm  
Blogger A Lewis said...

OK, so I wanna be the one to carry you in bare feet......please! I have one of the nuttiest walks around (just as the boys in Orlando...I'm sure they're still talking). I have to consciously keep my shoulders back, stomach muscles sucked in and ass tucked in....or I end up looking like my ass is poked out and my stomach is ready to give birth to a couple of babies. It's awful. Let's get drunk sometime and compare. And, by the way, where's the video??

March 21, 2007 10:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home