I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Judgy wudgy was a bear

Whenever you write an amusing e-mail or IM note to someone, there’s always the chance the other person won’t get your humour and end up thinking you’re being judgemental, pointing a finger at them.

There's a lack of context: a tone of voice, or facial expression to fill in the whole picture of a true intention.

Unfortunately, there are times when no matter how hard you try not to sound judgemental, you do, even when you think it’s for the best.

In all honesty, I do think a fuckbuddy who lives close by is convenient (Just think of the speedy service!), and healthy diet choices should include a selection of high-fat and zero-nutrition foods (Give me a bag of Doritos, and watch it disappear in seconds!).

But, there’s only one time where being judgemental - to hell with tone of voice, or facial expression - is really the only way to go…

That big, old, orange couch in your living room is unattractive (in fact, it’s pretty damn oogly) and no amount of fire will make it look any better. Don’t worry, I’ll light the match. It’s the least I can do. I mean, what are friends for?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Orange?

Orange is for hunters' safety vests and fruit.

March 21, 2007 6:03 am  
Blogger dantallion said...

Oh yeah? Well...SAME to YOU!

March 21, 2007 7:36 am  
Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

Okay, your anonymity is slipping... I'm trying to think of who I've met that has an orange couch, and who his friends/ hookups are...

ORANGE??????????????

March 21, 2007 9:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had an orange sectional in my student flat, but that was another century.

March 21, 2007 10:04 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

Some of us remember well the golds, browns, and (yes) ORANGES of furniture, carpet, appliances. Is this a truly old piece...or a brand new sassy reproduction? They are out there, you know...

March 21, 2007 10:17 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

are you talking to me?!?!? because if you are...canada aint that far away!

March 21, 2007 10:36 am  
Blogger S.B. said...

I have a love-hate relationship with IM. The hate is mainly for this reason. Things sometimes get taken out of context.

Or maybe its just my stupidity when typing. Yeah, that is probably more likely.

March 22, 2007 8:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home