I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, August 13, 2007

The morning shower

Not too long ago, someone asked me whether or not I would enjoy taking a morning shower with someone else because it would be an intimate experience between two people.

Me, being the pragmatist that I am, answered with: “God, I hate morning showers. They scare the shit outta me.”

I don’t think that was the correct answer. They were expecting something else.

Personally, morning showers (whether alone, or with someone else) do scare the shit out of me. The water is never warm enough. In fact, it’s pretty damn cold. Also, because I only wake up approximately an hour after I wake up, having cold water pellets jab at your face and body for 10 minutes is not the way to start my day (or to ease my crankiness).

I take my showers at night, before I go to bed, so I feel clean and like I washed off the day so I have no ill feelings before I fall asleep. Also, I like to be in and out – five minutes tops – and not waste any time under the spray.

Of course, if I have someone to take a shower with me at night is another story altogether.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Of course, if I have someone to take a shower with me at night is another story altogether."

Then you'd be forced to take a shower in the morn to wash the scum off your skin.

August 13, 2007 12:37 am  
Blogger Chris said...

I used to take showers at night, until I learned that you sweat off about a pound of water in your sleep. Gross.

August 13, 2007 9:05 am  
Blogger Timmy said...

I cant shower at night. The water wakes me up to the point where I cannot fall asleep after a shower.

August 13, 2007 9:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning showers I have to do alone. But afternoon showers, like the one my partner and I took together yesterday, are the best. We use lots of soap and clean every nook and cranny of each others' bodies'. So relaxing!

August 13, 2007 12:15 pm  
Blogger A Lewis said...

What! No morning douching? Shame on you. (Listen to me....one who could go for a day or two without a shower at all.) But I do like it in the morning...the shower.

August 13, 2007 2:36 pm  
Blogger about a boy said...

thats weird.

i usually take at least 1 shower a day...if not more than 1. and usually the first one is in the morning. after working out and walking the beast.

and like you i like to wash away the ills of the day before going to bed. but i also dont feel 'clean' in the morning even after just sleeping in my bed.

weird huh?

August 13, 2007 2:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll volunteer to take the evening shower with you.

August 15, 2007 9:55 pm  
Blogger S said...

I should mention that I do take showers if/when I get dirty/sweaty/smelly, but that doesn't happen much when you're sitting behind a computer for most of your day.

August 16, 2007 12:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when its hot out... morning and night... but with company, well, that can take a bit longer ;)

August 17, 2007 1:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home