I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Bad head

The pain is excruciating. At first, it was a slight throb, like many of my headaches. This time is different. It’s not a regular headache, it’s a summer headache.

When the barometric pressure rises, it feels like an extra 50 pounds is pushing my head down. The pressure is also compounded by the fact that on humid days, my allergies act up. The experience is similar to having a sponge filled with water, slowing being squeezed.

After the initial throbbing subsides, the pain begins. It starts in my frontal lobes, then moves towards the back of my head. From there, the pain reaches my maxillary and mandible. My teeth begin to hurt. I want to bite down, but I can’t because the pain will only increase. I lose my appetite (which is difficult for a skinny white boy who likes to eat).

My hands form fists, my fingers turn inwards and begin to dig into my palms, leaving marks and breaking the skin. A stress ball won’t help because I would tear that thing apart.

The pain starts to move down the nerves on my neck, down my spine; it feels like they're being pulled and stretched. I never knew a headache could reach these proportions.

Tears well up in my eyes, which is odd because I don’t normally cry. I think the reason why I am is I want to yell or swear, but they require moving my mouth, and if I don't open my mouth to eat, I don't open it at all.

Even though I am not drunk, I feel woozy and like I will pass out at any second. Thankfully, I stand close to buildings to catch me on my - possible - impending fall. The brushes with nausea doesn't help, either.

I end up going home and write a couple of e-mails, telling my contacts that I can’t meet them today. One of those people affected didn’t respond, while the other (who I was trying to impress) wasn’t impressed in the least. I feel like I'm flaking on them, but I don't know if they understand what my body is going through. An explanation should be forthcoming, but my head isn't functioning.

Sometimes I wish I had someone else’s head on my shoulders instead of my own.

Bad head. Bad, bad head.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stroke it, stroke it hard. That usually takes the throbbing away.

Oh, and don't forget to talk dirty.

August 01, 2007 3:57 am  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Aw. Sounds like a migraine. Hope you're feeling spiffier today.

August 01, 2007 6:54 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

feel better!

August 01, 2007 7:37 am  
Blogger Timmy said...

Exedrin?

August 01, 2007 8:02 am  
Blogger Chris said...

That sounds like a nightmare. Have you spoken to your doctor about this? There has to be something you can take. Or drink.

August 01, 2007 9:43 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

Yeah, there's nothing worse than bad head.

August 01, 2007 11:38 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

Man, that doesn't sound fun at all. really sorry to hear it! Take care......

August 01, 2007 11:54 am  
Blogger dantallion said...

I'm with Wordo - that sounds suspiciously like a migraine. Go see a doctor.

August 01, 2007 2:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I've been there. And been there, and been there. I feel your pain.

By the way, I combine Sudafed and Excedrin Tenison Headache, which probably isn't safe at all but works like a charm by knocking me unconscience.

August 05, 2007 10:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home