I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, July 27, 2007

How zitty

Puberty is a time where your body changes in ways you never expected. Some changes are good, some bad. And, some changes will stick with you, even though you’ve left puberty behind in high school with your acid-washed jeans.

You can never forget puberty because it’s a time in your life where it’s marked with a series of zits. And, some of those zits carry on into adulthood.

Even though my teens have passed, I still get residual pimples from not experiencing them first hand during the ages of 13-19. Thankfully, I don’t get many, but when I do, they’re in the worst possible places (and right before a special event).

Most of my blemishes appear around the sides of my face, which isn’t so bad. They’re usually due to ingrown hairs that never break the surface of the epidermis.

The other ones that show up are usually in and around my nose. If they were tiny, I wouldn’t mind. But, they’re not. They’re huge, honkin’ zits that look like red speed bumps on a freshly paved road. And, they’re hardly ever on the side, but on the front and near the tip of my nose.

The song, “Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer,” can be heard when I step outside. It’s embarrassing because they’re noticeable; outer space noticeable. Putting on concealer brings more attention to it, and there’s no zit cream to make them go down, because they’re technically a tumour.

Is this payback for my zitless teen years? It must be.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Have you ever tried toothpaste? Sometimes that can shrink them down. The "paste" kind, not the gel.

July 27, 2007 9:44 am  
Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

Yeah, that's one of life's cruelties that's kept secret as you grow up. You believe that one day the zits will just give up and leave you alone...

I had a friend that quit doing exstacy simply because of the bachne it caused. Loved the drug, but hated the pimples more.

July 27, 2007 10:35 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

first, with a post like this and no accompanying pictures - well, that's a blogger mortal sin!

second, i was fortunate to also have passed thru puberty unblemished yet i too have some pimple pop up - some on my nose, some the forehead, and some on the upper lip. takes every ounce of strentgh not to pop em and squirt that white custard all over the mirror!

July 27, 2007 2:10 pm  
Blogger S said...

RT: Custard? True, but ew.

July 27, 2007 2:30 pm  
Blogger dantallion said...

IN then nose?? God, that sounds painful.

July 27, 2007 4:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home