I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Type casting

For years, I assumed that my type was of the dark hair, dark eyes variety; a fact of similar likes attracting. But, recently, I’ve been looking at a lot more blondes. Opposites attract, too, apparently.

They can have light-coloured hair, or highlights. The hair colour can be natural, or processed. And, they don’t have to be blonde, now - they could’ve been blonde years ago, in their younger days.

Why is that?

Blondes aren’t always better looking, or more youthful than brunettes. They’re not smarter, wiser, richer, etc. than their raven-haired counterparts. In fact, when it comes to sex appeal, those with dark hair usually have a leg up on their flaxen-haired competitors.

It’s not about the psychological hoo-ha of (natural) blondes being rare in the world (L’Oréal took care of that). It’s not about innocence and purity, and capturing the essence of youth. It’s not the halo effect that occurs when the sun hits their hair, and a soft glow of light frames their face.

It’s not any of these things, yet they still make me turn my head.

And, I don’t know why that happens.

9 Comments:

Blogger Donnie said...

What about brown hair? You should give us brown-haired boys a chance ;-)

July 20, 2007 12:17 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

"And, I don’t know why that happens."

...you need to get laid

July 20, 2007 7:42 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

I'm afraid that you have the same disease as I do.

You just love all the boys. All of them. (Well, most of them anyway).

Guys are just plain old hot and fun to look at.

July 20, 2007 10:27 am  
Blogger dantallion said...

I'm more partial to dark-hair with either blue, green, or grey eyes, I think. Something about that combination. That being said, I've also been attracted to blondes. I don't think it's a defining characteristic. After all, hot is hot no mater what the hair, eye, or skin colour.

July 20, 2007 11:25 am  
Blogger Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

Biology. The more genetically different someone is, the more likely you are to have healthy offspring. I think that is balanced by the more 'civilized' desire to have someone that you share common values with. It's always some freakin' balance thing.

July 20, 2007 2:26 pm  
Blogger zooplah said...

I'll agree with Dantallion on the point of dark (brown or black) hair with light eyes (though, blue's my favorite). But I disagree that hot is hot; different people have different ideas of hot. I know that my idea of hot is probably really odd to most people (think "The Terminator": I find Michael Biehn to be much hotter than Arnold in that movie; that is, I like the skinny guys and I don't like guys to be too muscular).

July 21, 2007 12:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm partial to red heads myself, but blonds do have an innocent young look about them generally for me.

July 21, 2007 6:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah yeah I am 25...lol NOT
Dark hair & chocolate brown eyes make me feel all...well no need to elaborate...
Some blondes are very nice looking though...xoxo

July 22, 2007 12:26 am  
Blogger Ray said...

I always thought brunettes were hotter than blondes but I spent 32 years with a blonde. Now I'm with a brunette. Both equally hot. But if I live long enough I may try red heads.

July 22, 2007 10:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home