I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Too darn hot

To quote the classic Cole Porter song from the musical, Kiss Me Kate, it's too darn hot. Don't get me wrong, I like warmth. Hot? Not so much.

With the temperatures over 30 degrees Celcius for the past several days, it's difficult to remain cool. The barometric pressure rises, the allergens are in the air, and smog alerts are advertised on the media. Those three elements are killers for someone with respiratory issues.

During the day, the sun blares down on me like a ray of fire. Every second I'm outside, I pray for shelter (or a rainstorm). I actually want to stay in an office until the sun sets. This is the reason why I like the fall and - to a lesser extent - winter climates.

At night, I have to sleep with the door of my bedroom closed and my windows shut because I can't stand any outside interference. The fan may be turned on, but my room still turns into an oven because of the lack of air conditioning.

Even though sweat is supposed to moderate body temperature down, to me, it's a constant reminder of how hot I am. I hate it when a drop rolls down my back and lands in the crack of my ass - too shocking. And for someone who doesn't normally sweat under most conditions, I've been sweating a lot. My hand is constantly swooping across my brow and my arm is a catchall to the wetness.

If I could stay naked, I would. But I can't, so I won't.

God, I hate this weather. It's just too darn hot.

14 Comments:

Blogger madamerouge said...

I am so happy that back-to-school and CNE ads have started. You're right... we do need rain. We need to have some of the mess washed off the sidewalks. And cooler temperatures -- just to take some of the stink off this city.

August 02, 2007 12:39 am  
Blogger Trent Evans said...

30 Degrees? That's like freezing!

August 02, 2007 6:56 am  
Blogger Timmy said...

I love my a/c!

August 02, 2007 7:23 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

You would hate Florida.

August 02, 2007 8:35 am  
Blogger Mike said...

It's miserable! This is why I try to plan as much personal and business travel as possible during the summer. Hotels are my cooling stations.

August 02, 2007 10:55 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

We've got a lovely guest room. With central A/C. Visit?

August 02, 2007 11:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am what I call "heat sensitive". I hate extremes (winter, summer) and Spring and Fall are my seasons of choice.

Even as I write this, the A/C is on, along with a fan to blow the cool air right at me, and my neck is still sweating.

Yuck! Where's the rain.

ps...did you hear that next week, we're going to see a 40!

August 02, 2007 11:45 am  
Blogger Brettcajun said...

You Canadians. Buy some air conditioning. You can get a portable Air Conditioner for a few hundred bucks. Works great! I would invest in that. I would not like sweating at home while I am trying to sleep. I leave my AC on at night on 72 degrees.

August 02, 2007 11:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

30 x 1.8 + 32 = 86. Yup, it's brrry freezing alright.

August 02, 2007 12:47 pm  
Blogger Christopher said...

You's got nice Lips!....pucker up, here I come!

August 02, 2007 2:42 pm  
Blogger Chris said...

Hot? Up there? I thought it was always cold in Canada. I guess that's a stereotype. Or I'm just ignant.

You'd just die if you were in NYC right now. 95 F-ing degrees. (Sorry, I don't know what that is in Celcius.)

August 02, 2007 4:25 pm  
Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

This weather is heaven for me. Hot, humid, sweaty, half-naked, patio-beery, mmmmmmm.

August 02, 2007 4:51 pm  
Blogger Sh@ney said...

It's balmy here in Aussieland in summer, so I can no more offer you the comforts of cool breezes than anyone else. But sweaty, while uncomfortable for the 'sweater' can look quite sexy...*winks* Now doesn't that make you feel so much better?
*giggles*
P.s Nice lips on that there man in the pic!

August 02, 2007 10:11 pm  
Blogger S* said...

You're not hot unless you're covered in heat rash.

August 03, 2007 10:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home