I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Please, no pictures

Upon reading about the musings of other online personalities, I've come across the fact that several of them have been recognized when walking down the street.

Whenever people see me in the flesh, as opposed to in pictures, they pass right by me. I always get the same reaction when they realize who they just bumped into on the sidewalk: You look different than what I imagined/expected.

I know what they mean.

Photoshoots can do a number on your image. There's the hair, makeup, wardrobe, lighting, A-list photographer, and a professional staff primping you to look good in front of the camera. You never look as good in person.

When I'm not in a studio, I shield myself from the cameras. I don't want anyone to see me when I'm not at my best. I don't want anyone to see my ratty clothes, and rattier hair. And, I won't even mention the fuckin' zits. I want to be incognito, but those paparazzi are horrible little creatures; snapping away, when you least expect it. Fuckers. No matter how hard I try, I can't hide from them.

That could be why I'm never spotted on the streets like some other online personalities - my paparazzi shots make me look different then what I do in real life.

Then again, no one reads Human Nature, and those that do don't live in Toronto. So, maybe that's the better explanation.

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Heee heee... too cute... I think I would recognize you on the street, but I am to chicken to say hi... and i don't live in tornonto... hmmm

September 20, 2007 6:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very well then. I'll haunt you from now on. Wait, I don't live in Toronto either.

September 20, 2007 8:16 am  
Blogger S said...

Kelly: Admit it, you'd be running the other way.

September 20, 2007 1:14 pm  
Blogger Rebel Yankee said...

Eh, I think most people just look at me and think, "you're much fatter in real life."

September 20, 2007 1:57 pm  
Blogger Brettcajun said...

I know the feeling Steven. I am always hounded by Paparazzi who take the MOST EMBARRASSING PICTURES of me. Dammit. I can't even eat Taco Bell in a car wash without getting caught!

September 20, 2007 3:44 pm  
Blogger Marquis said...

Very Diva-ish!

September 20, 2007 7:08 pm  
Blogger Christopher said...

Now turn to the left!

September 20, 2007 8:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i read human nature, and i live in guelph... that's close enough!
haha

September 20, 2007 10:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now see, I usually get, "You look so much more sober on your blog!"

;-)

September 22, 2007 3:29 am  
Blogger DavisMcDavis said...

I don't think I'd recognize you in those sunglasses.

And the other thing is that even is someone thought they recognized you, it's hard to come up with something to say that doesn't sound retarded in the split second available as someone walks by. "Hey, are you Human Nature?" or "Do I know you from the internet?" might come to mind, but no one wants to say that if it turns out they're wrong, y'know.
(At least, I'd be nervous to be wrong with a dumb question like that.)

September 25, 2007 10:41 am  
Blogger Naijadude said...

I used to live in Toronto, I bet I had some nerve to ask a guy if he blogs once, thinking it might be you... yuck!

September 27, 2007 12:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More readers live in TO than you think...

September 27, 2007 2:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home