I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, September 10, 2007

It's not who you know, it's who doesn't think you're crazy

The industry that I work in is all about connections. The issue of quantity vs. quality doesn’t matter since it’s all a wash in the end. But, if you don’t have a few good connections, your ascension in the industry will be lugubrious, at best.

B has worked in several industries and made a few friends throughout his professional career. Since he’s rather generous with his time (and resources), he forwards me the name of D, who happens to work for the city.

Since I don’t have D’s e-mail address, I ask B if he can forward it to me so I can send D my CV as a means of detailing my employment background.

Then B does something I don’t expect in a million years… he tells me he gave D the address for Human Nature.

I scream. Loudly. "Jesus Christ, why the hell did he do that? Now, D is going to think I'm crazy."

The reason why I freak out is that D happened to read a series of posts on my penchant for drinking, cocaine and bulimia, not to mention my issues with anger, rage, violence, and fashion. And, don't get me started on weight matters.

When I speak with D, he brings none of this up. I know he reads HN and I also know people from the government (both Canada and the U.S.) do, too.

Before we go our separate ways, I tell him that I am not like that person he reads about online. It’s a persona of who I am. He nods his head and says it’s alright. After talking with me for an hour, or so, he knows I’m not that person.

Now, all I have to do is convince the rest of the Canadian and U.S. government.

Note: And, I'm not even going to mention Brit's Cheeto's performance at the VMA's. Now, that was crazy.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Well, it sounds like D gets the humor and tongue-in-cheek-ness of your blog. Don't worry about it.

And I'll say it: Britney was horrid last night. Just horrid.

September 10, 2007 9:12 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

OK, maybe I'm confused...

if you're not like the person we read about online, and its a persona of who you really are, then who wrote this damn entry?

you or your persona?

I need some advil

September 10, 2007 10:51 am  
Blogger S said...

RT: I'm not as crazy as I seem online... unless I've had crack.

September 10, 2007 12:55 pm  
Blogger RomanHans said...

Brotha, I hear you. "RomanHans" is me, of course, but with all the boring bits cut out. Considering I'm about 99% boring, this is major surgery, and I go from looking kinda like Abe Lincoln to being the spitting image of Cher.

My suggestion? Make up a fake name. My backup pseudonym is Duncan Donatz, but it's all yours if the price is right.

September 10, 2007 2:20 pm  
Blogger the cat's meow said...

I GOT IT!

Plain and simple: Brit's preggers again. Or so that's what her peeps will say.

September 11, 2007 2:38 pm  
Blogger A Lewis said...

What do you mean they'll THINK your crazy ??? It's a well-known fact. (And I'd only say that to one of my favorite bloggers...)

September 11, 2007 5:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home