I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Advance warning

Recently, someone from my past moved to a new city and I couldn’t be happier for them. In fact, I think that was a good move. They weren’t particularly happy where they were and they wanted a change.

But, there’s a but.

As they’re settling in their new environment, there’s a new group of friends that this person is going to meet. Unfortunately, one of these people is a friend of mine… and I want to warn him in advance.

Isn't that something a friend should do? Isn’t it considerate to flash a yellow ‘yield’ sign of the upcoming perilous terrain that lies around the corner? Or, is it best to shut up and not say anything? It’s not that this someone from my past is a horrid person, but there’s a couple of sandwiches missing from their picnic basket.

Oh, and this someone from my past is also infatuated with this friend of mine.

Of course, if I do say something, this someone from my past will definitely open their mouth and spew shit about me (of which can be misconstrued as negative if it’s not explained properly).

In the end, it will be a battle of words and wills and I won’t win because I have no way of defending myself since I don’t live anywhere near them. Fuck. I’m screwed.

6 Comments:

Blogger Random Thinker said...

take the high road. let your friend figure out on their own that the one from your past has a few sandwiches missing.

and your friend is a grown=up, right? so even if that someone from your past is in fact infatuated with your friend, and your friend becomes infatuated with your someone from the past, well, so be it.

also, if the someone from your past trashes you to your friend, i would hope your friend knows you well enough to (a) disreagard; or (b) ask you before forming any judgement.

me thinks things will turn out o-key-dokie!

September 04, 2007 9:22 am  
Blogger Rebel Yankee said...

Well, it depends upon how obvious the other person's craziness is...will it negate anything he/she says?

September 04, 2007 9:23 am  
Blogger dantallion said...

Unless this person is an axe murderer, I'd stay out of it. Let people make their own judgements about people and situations.

September 04, 2007 10:13 am  
Blogger Chris said...

I agree with random thinker. Try to stay out of it.

"there’s a couple of sandwiches missing from their picnic basket."

Classic. Just classic.

September 04, 2007 10:35 am  
Blogger Sh@ney said...

Is it really your place to get involved? I have noticed recently of the 'few' guys I have managed to meet while out and about, they end up knowing my housemate quite well, which I found quite frustrating & uncomfortable & so I started asking my housemate if he knew of them prior to going for coffee etc etc & if he said yes then I pulled out of the date! It was akward & I realised I was being silly for wanting to know if my new friend was an old friend of my friend...LOL That didn;t come out right! But you know what I am saying. It really is a small world & your friend has his own perceptions I am sure. Leave it be & the spewing shit factor remains nilch! All will be fine!

September 04, 2007 8:49 pm  
Blogger Pen and Ink said...

I agree with everyone. Keep away from it. Why add that kind of drama to your life?

September 04, 2007 10:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home