I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Who wants a piece of meat?

As B and I are walking through the grocery store, he mentions a few facts about the foods he’s eating and their dietary benefits. Some are high in protein, others packed with vitamins. He’s trying to be as healthy as possible for his run on the weekend and doesn’t want to spoil all his hard work.

While he’s doing this, I get a craving for meat. A big, honkin’ piece of meat. Fatty. Loaded with calories. Then, I start to think of a Whopper meal.

Being the nice person that I am, I don’t say a word of this to B. He’d probably have a conniption in the produce aisle. But, I want him to stop talking about eating well because it makes him sound self-righteous.

I picture myself scarfing down a burger in slow motion, both hands wrapped around the sesame seed bun, my teeth breaking the surface of the bread, fillings and meat, a small piece of mayo getting stuck on the side of my mouth, and my finger scooping it up and licking it off with my tongue.

And, I’d drink a supersized Coke – regular, not diet.

Why should I sacrifice the foods I enjoy eating? I hear of so many people with regimented diets, and I feel bad for them. I don't think they really love to eat protein shakes, broiled/steamed chicken breasts, and veggies all the time. And, how about the endless supply of vitamin supplements? It gets expensive after a while.

I can’t do it. I like to eat too much. And, I like to eat meat. Savoury, savory meat. We all die eventually, so I might as well croak with a full stomach instead of being hungry (and cranky because of my hunger).

Excuse me, I have to go to Burger King right now…

7 Comments:

Blogger tornwordo said...

I don't think I could ever give it up either. But Burger King? Blech. I hate the "charbroiled" thing. The stripes are full of cancer causing nitrites from the burned meat.

September 24, 2007 6:32 am  
Blogger Chris said...

So anything grilled causes cancer? I just bought a grilling pan to make grilled chicken!

September 24, 2007 9:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. Anything burned, Chris. Burned eggs for example. And sunburned skin.

September 24, 2007 10:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you were the guy that I was "stalking" on my way to St. Marcs?

September 24, 2007 1:47 pm  
Blogger R said...

Ahhh - food is good. I'm very particular about eating as it is one of the great pleasures in life. I'm mostly vegetarian and have a regimented diet - so that on Friday I can drink a ton of margaritas while I eat chips, salsa, and queso - and being in Austin, I have so many choices!

And Whoppers ROCK!

September 24, 2007 6:16 pm  
Blogger Sh@ney said...

LOL - Your such a great guy...Just as you choose to eat what you like, many choose to be selective - it is hardly self righteous. But at the same time having the values of good eating shoved in your face would be irritating - for sure. I don't exactly follow a strict dietary plan but then I dont have anyone trying to convert me either. I love meat too, especially lamb of all sorts!
Enjoy your burger king xoxo

September 24, 2007 7:50 pm  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

meat seemed to be a pretty hot blog topic of late...

btw, i love meat too... steak, veal, lamb... yummmm.

September 25, 2007 2:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home