I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Looking back

As I look back in the year that was 2007, I see that the past 364 days contains a lot of memories – some to be remembered and others to be forgotten. There were highs and lows, good times and bad times. And, every highlight has one thing in common: me.

January
Ate too much on NYD at the buffet.
Celebrated my birthday and hardly no one remembered (again).
Started work with an international organization.

February
Got a nasty rejection that will haunt me for years to come.
Had Valentine’s Day dinner with a friend for the umpteenth year.
Spent several days with a walking hard-on.

March
Went to a – disappointing – Versace fashion show during LFW.
Bought my first digital camera.
Had something published without my knowledge (and consent).
Met someone (who disappeared in a fog of dancing and drugs).

April
Did nothing.

May
Had shocking and devastating news (and was in a funk).
Went on a trip to NYC, had fun, and met some great people.
Got published.

June
Got ditched three times in three weeks.
Became even more bitter and angry.
Met someone (who disappeared in a fog of ditziness and despair).

July
Became an uncle for the second time - woo hoo, diaper duty!
Went on a series of meetings that did nothing for me.
Had a 0.8 blood-alcohol rating for most of the month.

August
Was the host of my long-time friend’s wedding.
Went on a series of meetings that did nothing for me... again.
Fell asleep at the most inopportune time.

September
Interviewed for a national newspaper.

October
Purchased 12 pounds of Hallowe’en candy and ate most of it.

November
Had my first (of several) MTV appearances.
Went to a VIP party for Karim Rashid.

December
Became a contributing editor.
Celebrated Christmas/New Years with family.

What will 2008 bring? I don’t know. But, I am sure that it will be a variation of 2007, which is unfortunate because 2007 wasn't really that great a year. Thankfully, it wasn't 2006. Now, that one was 365 days of crap.

Note: Hope everyone has an amazing new years. Please, don't drink and drive - just pick one and stick with it.

11 Comments:

Blogger Brand New W said...

wow sounds like a fabulous year!! all the best to you in 2008!

December 31, 2007 12:45 am  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Doesn't sound so bad except for all the fruitless meetings. (is there a pun there?) All the best to you Steven for 2008!

December 31, 2007 7:44 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

With the extra day in 2008, I am sure you'll find a way to make it your best year ever.

Although, something tells me you haven't set the bar too high anyway.

December 31, 2007 8:50 am  
Blogger R said...

Sounds like I'm going to have to get cable and subscribe to certain publications to keep up with Steven in 2008.

Take it from an old man - the years really do keep getting better, and so may you find that your 2008 exceeds the success of 2007!

December 31, 2007 8:54 am  
Blogger Dop T said...

Those boys who dumped you were just that - boys. This was not your year for romance, which means 2008 must be.

December 31, 2007 10:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Steven! A Happy New Year to you. Is your birthday on Jan 1??

December 31, 2007 11:46 am  
Blogger Chris said...

Happy New Year, Steven!

December 31, 2007 1:40 pm  
Blogger A Lewis said...

What'd you say? "Pick somebody and stick 'em"???? No, I think you said to pick one and stick with it....gawd, I get so mixed up. I'm sending you good greetings for a better 2008. HNY

December 31, 2007 6:06 pm  
Blogger Sooo-this-is-me said...

Hey Steven Happy New Year! Hope you have a good time and wishing you all the best in the new year.

The other Steven in Ontario.

December 31, 2007 7:52 pm  
Blogger alexsander said...

hope next year is full of great moments , love , happiness and health :)

December 31, 2007 8:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Years and a happy birthday!!

December 31, 2007 11:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home