I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Having it all and wanting more

After listening to someone talk about his quarter-life crisis, I felt like groaning out loud in displeasure simply because he doesn’t know how well off he is.

He’s young, cute, has money, a good job, friends, a nice place to live, and a bright future ahead. But, for some reason, he doesn’t think it’s enough. He can't put his finger on it, but he senses something is missing, and he wants more out of life.

How much more do you need, you greedy bastard?

Personally, my quarter-life crisis happened because I was behind in the race, not because I was ahead of everyone else.

Since I’ve never had a lot, I’ve always treasured what I had because I didn’t know if it would be gone the next day. But, it seems like some people never got the hint.

For someone who doesn’t have any of those things, I’d think he’s being incredibly selfish. I wouldn’t mind even one (or maybe two) of those things listed.

Anyway, I tune out of the conversation and hope finds religion so that he’ll really have something to complain about.

Note: This post is brought to you by WTF Wednesdays.

9 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Thomasson said...

I had to read this post twice. I felt like you were talking directly to me. Every once in a while, people need a good dose of reality and that is what I got out of this post.

December 18, 2007 11:50 pm  
Blogger Tom said...

Having lots of stuff doesn't equal happiness - maybe this guy has realised that his materialism has left him feeling empty.

December 19, 2007 12:27 am  
Blogger Christopher said...

So when did you smack him upside he head?

December 19, 2007 12:34 am  
Blogger Marquis said...

This is why I hate talking my issues sometimes to friends. In the back of my mind I ask myself how important is the issue in their life. Sometimes you just need an outlet or vent. I dunno it's kinda a double edge sword. Chalk it up to being 25.

December 19, 2007 8:50 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

geez, you're just jealous... that he's got stuff, that he's cute, but mostly that he's so much younger than you.

or do you just secretly admire him?

December 19, 2007 9:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a soulmate?

December 19, 2007 8:09 pm  
Blogger Matt said...

you are so cute. thanks for visiting my blog!

December 19, 2007 9:38 pm  
Blogger Chris said...

This is why I don't talk to people I don't know already. They always want to brag about something they have and have no idea how this affects others.

The first chapter of my on-again, off-again book deals with that.

December 20, 2007 9:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had times of barely getting by but being happy, and times of being totally jobless and barely surviving, so know where you are coming from. You want to strangle the ones that complain about little things.

December 21, 2007 2:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home