I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

The other person

On more than one occasion, I have been asked to participate in the act of adultery. Why? I have no clue. For some reason, I believe it's due to my laissez-faire demeanour when dealing with the lives of others.

The reasons why I declined were many, but most of them focused around the aspect that the other person doesn’t get any respect.

When things are going well, the other person gets all of the perks of being in a relationship without all of the strings and personal messiness that comes with being ‘together’ with someone else. Of course, when emotion comes into play (like love), then it’s the beginning of the end.

An affair is a situation where someone asks you to be part of a dailliance where lying and deceit is common practice, yet when the truth comes to the surface, the other person is the one who gets most – if not all – of the blame. Last time I checked, the main responsibility of the other person is to be just that, the other person; no strings attached.

Maybe I just want to be part of something meaningful. Maybe I just want to be respected, instead of treated like a physical being. Maybe I just want to avoid looking over my shoulder, holding a big stick, waiting to whack off the husband when he finds out about the affair.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sure do carry a big stick!
sorry - lol

Let us know when (or if?) you come across one of those "open" relationships. Supposedly there shouldn't be no deceit in being the other guy.

December 13, 2007 2:22 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

i thought you already carried a big stick...somewhere.

December 13, 2007 9:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL that picture cracks me up!

So you saying you're not up for a quick romp in the sack? ;o)

December 13, 2007 1:14 pm  
Blogger Sooo-this-is-me said...

Okay too late for me to do any more big stick jokes so I'll just say, dang you are one cute little dude Steven!

I agree, I want to find my own man, not someone else's.

Steven

December 13, 2007 4:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having been the jilted partner in such an affair, I understand. Trust me, that dude would have needed more than a stick if I ever had got hold of him.

One thing, though - the fault is not just the "other" person, it's shared equally between him and the one initiating it. Sometimes, the "other" doesn't even know he's an "other".

December 13, 2007 6:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pic of you holding that big stick made me laugh my a$$ off..LOL I agree with what you have to say though.

December 13, 2007 9:21 pm  
Blogger Adorable Girlfriend said...

Oh my goodness!

I am a fan of not cheating. It just makes my life less complicated and that's all a girl like me really wants. Well that and some amazingly expensive shoes.

December 13, 2007 9:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home