I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Part-time actress

Recently, after interviewing for a position in my industry, I received an e-mail message from the owner of the agency telling me they were going with another candidate. Even though I was their number one pick, they passed on me.

So, I do what every other person does: secretly wish them failure on their future endeavours.

Not long after the interview, I see a posting for an intern at the same agency. They were going to have an intern from a local college work with them for several months to get experience. But, I guess that intern – wisely – dropped out because they knew what they were in for.

With the posting is a name; the name of the person who was hired.

After doing a bit of searching, I find that this person doesn’t have a background in my industry. No qualifications. No certification. No degree. In fact, their most recent accomplishments entail being an entertainer. To cut to the quick, she’s an actress.

They hired a fucking actress over me.

She must’ve been damn good in her interview to have influenced the agency’s owner. Oscar caliber. Sadly, I guess I’m only Emmy material... or Golden Globe, which is even more pathetic.

9 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

We both know what happened here...she "bent over" & you didn't....good on you!

December 06, 2007 12:27 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

i like you. i really like you!

December 06, 2007 9:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christopher has a point, but - well, you DID give up some sex, right? I mean, in my experience that's a normal part of an interview... isn't it?

December 06, 2007 10:17 am  
Blogger Chris said...

I would still put the evil eye on them. Or just sit back and wait for karma to kick in. Bastards.

December 06, 2007 11:16 am  
Blogger S said...

Ooh, I just found out the actress who 'took the job' (from me) is leaving.

Maybe she's not that good, after all.

December 06, 2007 2:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That pic of you is hilarious! You poor thing!

Take that trophy to the agency that turned you down and cram it up their ass...SIDEWAYS...then twist it!!!!!

December 06, 2007 11:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the actress is leaving eh?

Now the question is, do you swallow your pride and re-apply for the damn job, or do you go to that office and gloat that they screwed up?

Hmmmmm ....

December 07, 2007 3:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should do both. Go to the office and gloat for a time, make em sweat a bit, and then offer to help them out of a bind!

December 08, 2007 4:09 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

maybe you're destined for the Tony, now THAT is caliber!

December 12, 2007 6:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home