I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Clothespins don't work

When I was young, I didn’t like my nose. To others, it looked fine, but to me, it was ugly. With my face being round, with chubby cheeks and a double chin, the bulbous bit that protruded outwards didn’t help.

It was rather wide, round, and turned upwards at the tip, where you could see the olive pits that were my nostrils. When I saw the noses of other kids, mine felt out of place. I wanted an angular, aquiline nose; Romanesque, like most people from my culture.

Doing what every child does to remedy the situation of resembling Mr. Potato Head with better hair, I tried squeezing my nose with my fingers, using tape to hold it together, and clothespins to tighten the bridge.

Note to others: clothespins don’t work, they hurt.

As I grew, my face changed, but my nose didn’t. My face isn’t as round as it once was, in fact, it’s rather narrow. The nose is still rather wide, round, and turned upwards at the tip. As a matter of fact, there’s also a dimple under the bridge.

And, that’s what makes it distinctive. I may never get the nose that I want, but I got the nose that I was born with… unfortunately.

14 Comments:

Blogger Random Thinker said...

you can always spend a few thousand dollars to get the nose you always wanted, but then, that might start the slippery slope of trying to change every other part of you.

then you'll look like michael jackson.

stick with your original nose but don't pick it!

November 29, 2007 9:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your nose.

November 29, 2007 10:30 am  
Blogger Chris said...

I wanted a nose job when I was a kid, too. I had a bump in the middle of it and I wanted it gone. And eventually, it went away on its own.

Still, I'd kill for your plump lips.

November 29, 2007 10:41 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

i love your nose. and those lips.

i dont like mine. :)

November 29, 2007 11:24 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

Listen, my Little Biscuit, your nose has a dimple because of that damned clothespin.....
And I thought I was the only one who SPENT HOURS PINCHING HIS NOSE....down at the bottom where the nostrils open....I just thought it was too large of an opening. I haven't thought about it in years....and NOW THAT YOU'VE REMINDED ME, I'll probably lay awake nights. Thanks.

November 29, 2007 11:33 am  
Blogger Timmy said...

nice honker!

November 29, 2007 11:44 am  
Blogger robnsac said...

man you are gorgeous. with the nose! Eskimo kiss to you.
-R

November 29, 2007 12:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have nothing to say about this.

Yes, I do.

Your nose is a perfect cap to your pillow lips.

Now, I have nothing to say about this.

Yes, I do.

I need to find a good surgeon.

November 29, 2007 1:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you ever wear clothes? LOL
Anyways....I don't see anything wrong with your nose. Thats my opinion!

November 29, 2007 2:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks mighty fine to me! MMMMMMMMMM

November 29, 2007 3:12 pm  
Blogger R said...

We are all our own worst critic. Your face is a perfect balance with an amazing coupling of lips, nose and eyes.

November 29, 2007 8:52 pm  
Blogger madamerouge said...

-nothing wrong with your nose, but if it really bothers you... rhinoplasty

-my current favourite male celebrity nose is Dave Annable's

November 29, 2007 10:50 pm  
Blogger Christopher said...

Oh Poodle...how I want to slap you & your damn cute nose!

November 30, 2007 3:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite honestly, I think your nose is incredibly sexy. No kidding. Yes, it's a little wide, but that just makes it masculine. It suits you and it looks totally kissable, so don't change it! :)

July 08, 2012 8:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home