I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Bite my tongue

After reading the same paper in front of me, my head starts to feel heavy and my eyelids begin to droop. I know I’m about to fall asleep if I don’t do something about it. But, since there is no way to avoid the inevitable, I look at the clock and figure that a 15-minute nap will be a good idea.

I close my eyes, lay my head between hands, and conk out.

The next thing I remember is a flash of white light and a sharp pain, so extreme it feels like I just bit my tongue off. That’s because I actually bit a part of my tongue off.

For some reason, I must’ve been napping with my mouth open and my tongue between my teeth. When I moved (or shook myself awake), my head slipped from the perch of my hands, and with my mouth being open and my tongue placed between both sets of beautifully-straight teeth, I chomped down. Hard. So hard even the baby Jesus wept.

After that, the only thing I remember is the swearing, muffled by my hands, and the tears that blur my vision.

The part of the tongue that I bit off is currently MIA.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your ok!

December 04, 2007 2:20 am  
Blogger Christopher said...

Dreaming of food again?...or is that just me?

December 04, 2007 3:12 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

ouch! my god man!

December 04, 2007 10:14 am  
Blogger Chris said...

If ever a post demanded a photo...

December 04, 2007 11:43 am  
Blogger seeking said...

i wish i was there to make you feel better.

-R

December 04, 2007 12:12 pm  
Blogger A Lewis said...

Do you want me to KISS IT ALL BETTER? It sounds like a scene out of Poltergeist or Alien or something. Hope you're Okay...it sounds terrible.

December 04, 2007 1:48 pm  
Blogger Sooo-this-is-me said...

Eeeyow! It hurts just to bite it let alone bite a peice off! Must hurt like an S.O.B.

Steven

December 04, 2007 4:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTF? Ouch! I wouldn't want to be the one to find that chunk of your tongue. Ewwwww!

I hope you're OK.....

December 04, 2007 10:12 pm  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

there was probably a puddle of drool under your hands... yuck!

December 05, 2007 12:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I strike out the comment that I posted above? lol
I'm sure the part you are missing will eventually grow back......

Hmmmm .....

December 05, 2007 2:51 am  
Blogger ScottK said...

I had a Biology Teacher in H.S that bit through the middle of his tounge during a basketball game he was playing in. He wasn't able to speak for 4 weks . Glad that yours was not so severe. I know you arlreadu know this but maybe you swallowed the missing piece of tounge. I think (in some states/ Countries)that makes you a cannibal. I'm just sayin'

December 07, 2007 8:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rather cool blog you've got here. Thanks the author for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I would like to read more soon.

Best wishes

February 16, 2010 11:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home