I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, December 07, 2007

To the guy who can't stop talking about himself

Hey.

You don’t know me, but I know you. In fact, I think I know you pretty well. I know you so well because you never stop talking about yourself.

You are probably the only person I know who can stretch a 90-minute conversation about themselves and compress it into 60 minutes. You talk and talk, and all about yourself. When I try to get a word in, you manage to cut me off. When I try to add a personal comment, you turn it around to make it about you.

I’m sure a lot of it is related to your high self-esteem and high regard of yourself, but after a while, you sound conceited. Yes, you’re accomplished in what you do, but so what? You’re not the only person who has done what you’ve done. If you would’ve let me talk, you would’ve known I did the same thing you do.

And, it's not just that. When you say that Angelina Jolie's father was in Dirty Dancing after I correct you several times by saying it's Jerry Orbach from Law & Order, your arrogance keeps you rambling on about Angelina Jolie's dad whose name you don't even know (it's Jon Voight, you bloody twit).

But, all of that I can let go if it wasn’t for one comment you made about me. Namely, you tell me you feel like you can't trust me. How in the hell can you deduce something like that when I’m not allowed to talk? You don’t even know me!

Whatever.

Even if you read this, you’d still make it about yourself. That’s the sort of person you are. You can’t help it. You just don’t know it. Ego-driven narcissists like yourself don’t care about anyone else.

Oh, and by the way, you’re not as interesting as you think you are, you prick.

Best,
Steven.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did I do ???
lol

I think you keep your anger too much bottled in, Steven. Let it out! lol

December 07, 2007 3:09 am  
Blogger Timmy said...

damn, sorry....I thought you liked hearing stories about me!

December 07, 2007 7:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's me, right? You're talking about me. hmmm... bet you'll get a lot of this type of comment :D

December 07, 2007 8:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know several guys that this would apply to! I share your frustration!

December 07, 2007 8:26 am  
Blogger Chris said...

Don't you just love blowhards who keep insisting they're right when they're not?

December 07, 2007 10:58 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

what the hell is up with that, calling me a prick. Sure I like to talk about myself, but everyone I know loves to listen. And you wonder why I don't trust you?

please, next time, stop interrupting me with feeble attempts to talk about yourself. pay more attention to me and you won't have to write these kinds of letters.

Now, where were we. Oh, yeah, about me...

December 07, 2007 11:10 am  
Blogger Sooo-this-is-me said...

I think I met that guy's brother here last week!

I love the line "enough about me, tell me about yourself, how great do you think I am!"

Steven

December 07, 2007 11:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't need someone like that in your life anyways. Sorry that person was such a prick.

December 07, 2007 12:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eek! I can't stand people like that!

December 07, 2007 5:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, those people suck. I liked how you ended the letter "Best." Nice and polite.
- eliot
dailybriefing.wordpress.com

December 08, 2007 6:00 pm  
Blogger Bobby Vanquish said...

Haha! Did you know that Jennifer Grey's dad is Joel Gray - the compere in Cabaret?
Sorry, are you actually listening?

December 09, 2007 9:02 am  
Blogger Tuna Girl said...

Oh, eek! I have lots (and lots) of experience with someone like this. One time I decided not to even talk back on the phone and see how long he could go on for before he noticed. He went on for 33 minutes.

Most people think he is conceited, but I know him well enough to know he has absolutely no self esteme. Hence the constant jabber to cover it all up.

December 10, 2007 9:33 pm  
Blogger DavisMcDavis said...

Sing it, Carly!

December 12, 2007 4:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home